2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

A year ago I bought a used FN2 2007, is there anything I forgot to check/should check regularly? Currently sitting at 180k km, here's the known service history:

First few years serviced in Honda, usual maintenance.

Then I have this data:

130k in 2015: new brake discs+pads, adjusted valve clearances, pulley and belt
2016: new oil, all filters, water pump (G11 coolant i think?), something checked or done to the shocks (not clear), new clutch kit EXEDY, transmission oil changed, new brake pads and valve clearances adjusted, iridium spark plugs
175k in 2017 I changed the oil (motul 8100 XCESS 5W40), Battery Yuasa 3000 45Ah

It has a cleanable panel K&N filter, so my next step is to clean it, also maybe I should check the brake fluid and hoses, brakes feel like they're overheating too early. Cabin filter is also going to be changed.

What do you recommend I should check next?

Thanks.

·
CTR
538 Posts
I would think about changing your gearbox oil again, it's good to keep on top of all the fluid changes

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yes gearbox oil change and pollen filter. Overall lools like you are on top of things.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
575 Posts
And get the brake fluid changed. Get your brakes inspected for stuck callipers

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
As above and check the oil every week if you are regularly thrashing it as they can use a bit, if driving soft you can get away with leaving it every two weeks easily.

Other than that yeah you sound to be spot on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips, and yes, I've been checking the oil levels every week in the summer, every two or so weeks in the winter, not really in the mood for spirited driving in this weather and the 16 inch steel wheels so I'm not really worried about burning oil.

What about the valve clearances? How often should I adjust them? Can I do it at home? Lots of tools around the house and I like to think I'm OK doing this kind of stuff, never worked on engines though.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks for the tips, and yes, I've been checking the oil levels every week in the summer, every two or so weeks in the winter, not really in the mood for spirited driving in this weather and the 16 inch steel wheels so I'm not really worried about burning oil.

What about the valve clearances? How often should I adjust them? Can I do it at home? Lots of tools around the house and I like to think I'm OK doing this kind of stuff, never worked on engines though.
Every 25000 miles or 3 years i believe? I had mine done last year at 29000 miles. Not sure if they had been done before.

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
According to my local dealer service manager it depends on when your car was made.
My CTR is a 2011 reg and the valves are due at 62,500 miles the same as the 1.8 petrol engines.

He said that this was a change from the original 25,000 miles about half way through the FN2 model life.
Since yours is a 2007 model then it is 25,000 miles, Honda dealers do have a fixed price for this of £100.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
According to my local dealer service manager it depends on when your car was made.
My CTR is a 2011 reg and the valves are due at 62,500 miles the same as the 1.8 petrol engines.

He said that this was a change from the original 25,000 miles about half way through the FN2 model life.
Since yours is a 2007 model then it is 25,000 miles, Honda dealers do have a fixed price for this of £100.
I see, thanks. Price doesn't seem too bad. but I read about it a little and it looks like something I could do at home. I'll give it a thought when the time comes.

Weird question, don't want to make a new thread because of it, not really maintenance, but is it possible to swap the driver seat with the passenger seat? Was thinking about it at work (daydreaming), and 80% of the time I have no passenger so the wear on that seat is minimal, would be great if it was easy to swap....but it isn't height adjustable so I'm not sure...maybe swap the insides only?

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I see, thanks. Price doesn't seem too bad. but I read about it a little and it looks like something I could do at home. I'll give it a thought when the time comes.

Weird question, don't want to make a new thread because of it, not really maintenance, but is it possible to swap the driver seat with the passenger seat? Was thinking about it at work (daydreaming), and 80% of the time I have no passenger so the wear on that seat is minimal, would be great if it was easy to swap....but it isn't height adjustable so I'm not sure...maybe swap the insides only?

I'm led to believe you can do the valve clearances yourself, I think you need the correct tools to do it though? don't quote me if I'm wrong haha.

Seatbelt clip would be on the wrong side of the seat :wink3:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts