2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m absolutely stuck here!!

So I recently changed my clutch out on my 07 fn2, at same time I replaced knock sensor and rear main oil seal. Now since starting the car I have had multiple codes being thrown but only two lights on dash, EPS and ENGINE. I double checked all plug connections and made sure they were okay.
While driving car revs out to 4.5k and doesn’t not engage VTEC, I have no speedo so thought issue was from VSS, switched over VSS with a known working one and did not fix. Codes being thrown are for BCM, EPS, ENGINE and battery. Car runs and drives fine apart from having no power.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Hey guys I’m absolutely stuck here!!

So I recently changed my clutch out on my 07 fn2, at same time I replaced knock sensor and rear main oil seal. Now since starting the car I have had multiple codes being thrown but only two lights on dash, EPS and ENGINE. I double checked all plug connections and made sure they were okay.
While driving car revs out to 4.5k and doesn’t not engage VTEC, I have no speedo so thought issue was from VSS, switched over VSS with a known working one and did not fix. Codes being thrown are for BCM, EPS, ENGINE and battery. Car runs and drives fine apart from having no power. View attachment 311048 View attachment 311049
Charge the battery, change the speed sensor and clear old codes.

Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charge the battery, change the speed sensor and clear old codes.

Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worse.
charged the battery before installing back into car and also switched VSS over with a working one but still had no speedo while driving, feeling like it might be replacement ECU as nothing seems to be communicating :/

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
I would be going over anything disconnected as part of the clutch swap.

Changing a clutch, knock sensor and oil seal isn't going to be causing those errors, so unless it's a complete coincidence, I would think something has maybe been left disconnected.

·
Premium Member
5,303 Posts
Make sure the earth straps have been fitted again. Easy to leave off but could cause problems like this. Go over it again and make sure all connections are tight.

I'm assuming that's the HDS software you're reading faults with? Try wiping all fault codes and try again. There could be some old codes stored on there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.