2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, considering this as my next mod, now that i've purchased an HKS RSK, courtesy of Cazza from Sumo Power.

Basically, i know the exhaust sounds immense, just querying if anyone has any reccomendations, faults or niggles with one on your car?

Cheers!

Stephen

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Do you do many long journeys? the exhaust sounds nearly stock when cruising at 60mph in 6th although at 70mph it starts to get a bit deadly. I dont mind it at all to be honest im just warning you :D.

Its not the greatest quality exhaust although it should last you plenty if youre going to keep it for 3-5 years. Paul from Tdi North says that mine with the manifold fitted makes it one of the best sounding FN2's around.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
yes and yes. but i dont care cos everyone around here is a c*nt.
Hahaha! love this. Highly recommend the Martelius cat back :) Gives the look of the Type R the noise it deserves :)

If you dont like your neighbours may I suggest a racing manifold after the exhaust purchase and sit idling on a cold start :) hehe

If you do decide to go with a Martelius, Markus is really helpful and paying and the delivery are very quick and painless.

All the best mate!

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Hahaha! love this. Highly recommend the Martelius cat back :) Gives the look of the Type R the noise it deserves :)

If you dont like your neighbours may I suggest a racing manifold after the exhaust purchase and sit idling on a cold start :) hehe

If you do decide to go with a Martelius, Markus is really helpful and paying and the delivery are very quick and painless.

All the best mate!

This is awesome as I'm just about to order one Markus has been very helpful but thought I'd do a quick search just to make sure!! I can't wait to get it now.
My next-door neighbour has a mk2 fiesta with a cherry bomb, ha revenge is sweet!!! Gonna let my car have a nice long warm up when I go to work at 6am :)

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
This is awesome as I'm just about to order one Markus has been very helpful but thought I'd do a quick search just to make sure!! I can't wait to get it now.
My next-door neighbour has a mk2 fiesta with a cherry bomb, ha revenge is sweet!!! Gonna let my car have a nice long warm up when I go to work at 6am :)
Well done!

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
£520 (inc' p&p) IIRC

Check in the Traders section :)

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I've been quoted 490 euro which £407 shipped to the channel islands but that price is vat free as we don't pay vat/import duty

All I can say is pm him mate very helpful and very quick to reply, at lunchtime I pm'd him just to ask a couple of questions, 3 hours later and several pm's and I'm gonna order

·
Registered
492 Posts
Do you do many long journeys? the exhaust sounds nearly stock when cruising at 60mph in 6th although at 70mph it starts to get a bit deadly. I dont mind it at all to be honest im just warning you :D.

Its not the greatest quality exhaust although it should last you plenty if youre going to keep it for 3-5 years. Paul from Tdi North says that mine with the manifold fitted makes it one of the best sounding FN2's around.
So I found the quality of the catback fantastic and why 3-5 years?

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
So I found the quality of the catback fantastic and why 3-5 years?
I have no idea how long it will really last although a few people who know their stuff say the quality is below that of the Milltek. Not that much of a problem to me, I was surprised though. Its not as though it will fall off or anything :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts