2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 1872 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,481
Looks smart. Get some etch primer and some bbq paint from b and q. Be done in no time.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Might be a job on the weekend now work's eased off a bit mate :)

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,483 (Edited)
Weather's gonna be OK.
Here's my list of jobs....

Fit bonnet cable
Fit ns wing mirror
Replace arb bushes front and rear
Treat/paint arb bush brackets (rusty)
Change transmission fluid
Remove driveshaft heatshield
Fit upper gearbox mount insert
Fit earthing kit
Check exhaust and decide what I'm doing with it
Underseal the car
Extend shed base
Build shed

Sleep

·
4,275 Posts
Looks great mate, love the black intake mani too
Cheers, I'm not one for trying to make it look nice but I thought "while the clearances are being checked I may as well"... then it didn't turn up on time so I had to fit myself... twice lol

Getting into this wrench turning business now, miles more satisfying than I.T :laugh2:

·
4,275 Posts
Weather's gonna be OK.
Here's my list of jobs....

Fit bonnet cable
Fit ns wing mirror
Replace arb bushes front and rear
Treat/paint arb bush brackets (rusty)
Change transmission fluid
Remove driveshaft heatshield
Fit upper gearbox mount insert
Fit earthing kit
Check exhaust and decide what I'm doing with it
Underseal the car
Extend shed base
Build shed

Sleep
Good 6 month list there mate :D

Best start sooner rather than later with darker, wetter nights coming!

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Cheers, I'm not one for trying to make it look nice but I thought "while the clearances are being checked I may as well"... then it didn't turn up on time so I had to fit myself... twice lol

Getting into this wrench turning business now, miles more satisfying than I.T :laugh2:
That's how it goes mate...appeals to the caveman side of us when you have to hit stuff with a hammer lol its a bit addicting.. Once you fix one thing then you always feel like you can fix it all 😀

·
4,275 Posts
That's how it goes mate...appeals to the caveman side of us when you have to hit stuff with a hammer lol its a bit addicting.. Once you fix one thing then you always feel like you can fix it all 😀
Aye, the old rocker gasket was toast after being removed at least 20x in my ownership and oil was seeping from the corner and you could smell it after vtec. Needed doing asap and I love having a bash.

Nothing left other than enjoy now. Other mods are race mods that I'm in no rush to do: 5.84 FD, head / bottom refresh, recaro PP, gut interior, remove AC, cage...

Going to concentrate on getting some track time in now and race @flashy . Might try Anglesey again on the 7th but keeping my eye on the weather first.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,027 Posts
Well, belt whipped off and no change so all that's left is head... f*** it. Main thing was making sure bottom was fine. Waste oil was pristine.

Do a few more track days and see what happens :)
When was valve clearances last done? Ahh I see TDi did them.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
This question is hard to explain but it concerns the OEM intake pipes and resonator.

I have trawled internet photos but can't see enough detail of how the resonator attaches to the rest of the intake piping. I will likely be removing it anyway but want to be prepared before I remove bumper and do the job.

Is there another small pipe from resonator to main piping, or does this main pipe itself attach to it?

Reason I ask is if you cut a large area out of front resonator near foglight, then it would be similar to the air feeds pre made by scoop in or Tegiwa. That is assuming the resonator box is directly part of the oem pipe work. If it is attached by a small tube or similar then cutting the box wont let more air through, and the idea won't work.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,491
There's a pipe that goes from the resonator to the wheel arch. There's a short section of pipe from the resonator to the final bit of pipe into the air box. Flow won't be smooth

·
4,275 Posts
When was valve clearances last done? Ahh I see TDi did them.
Have to admit Neil over there can set them perfect. Second time he's done them and the change in sound and smoothness at idle is spot on.

·
4,275 Posts
Well my ears didn't betray me, replaced out the idler pulley and half the noise has gone at least.

Just left with the dull rattle from the head as the metallic "tingle" and chatter was the idler. 5 minute job :)

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Just need some black nuts and will paint the covers black :)
Ahh so that's you on Facebook.
I was asking about the black washers.

Looking great, I have mine to do tomorrow after I pick up some new coil pack bolts to clear the flush fitting coil pack cover.
Fingers crossed I don't scratch it to bits.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Where do you guys get spark plugs seals from? Cox has only rocker cover gasket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4,275 Posts
Ahh so that's you on Facebook.
I was asking about the black washers.

Looking great, I have mine to do tomorrow after I pick up some new coil pack bolts to clear the flush fitting coil pack cover.
Fingers crossed I don't scratch it to bits.
Cheers, aye yeah I linked the washers for you. To be fair the washers are OK but the dome nuts I'd leave. Just fit mine and they're like cheese mate.
Will do until I strip and paint the OEM ones and refit.

Just marked my new rocker (was only a matter of time) but it's pretty much hidden so no worries :lol:

·
4,275 Posts
Where do you guys get plugs seals from? Cox has only rocker cover gasket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dealer for £20ish or Tegiwa for £16 :)

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Cheers, aye yeah I linked the washers for you. To be fair the washers are OK but the dome nuts I'd leave. Just fit mine and they're like cheese mate.
Will do until I strip and paint the OEM ones and refit.

Just marked my new rocker (was only a matter of time) but it's pretty much hidden so no worries :lol:
I wondered about the coloured nuts and how they would last with a socket over them. Now I know. I bought some new OEM nuts from Ebay which will do for now.

If I scratch this cover I will be suicidal.

Already dropped a socket into the engine while taking the cover off.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,027 Posts
Well my ears didn't betray me, replaced out the idler pulley and half the noise has gone at least.

Just left with the dull rattle from the head as the metallic "tingle" and chatter was the idler. 5 minute job :)
I thought you said it was still making the noise when you removed the belt?

1481 - 1500 of 1872 Posts