2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my 1.8 this Saturday, on the look out for a type R now >:)
Noticed something was off with my MPG, I drove nicely so it displayed 39mpg, but when I actually worked it out it was more like 32, I know there is going to be some difference but it just seems rather large.

Really wondering what you guys are getting in MPG for stock R's, either filling to brim or on the display (post a pic!!) I want to see how it is going to compare to my 1.8

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
That is quite low for a 1.8. I averaged 30 in my stock r. Remapped with mods it is actually better, about 31.5.

·
Registered
48 Posts
36 is the highest I've had but that's driving like a Prius owner, now with a bit of vtec I get 31-32, valve clearances and o2 sensors can lose lots of mpg easiest option is to buy a obd2 reader to check fuel trims anything +/-8% is considered a normal range, obd2 can be as simple as a wifi dongle and iOS app for £15.

I don't know how accurate the clocks are in the fn2, they must of tested it on here some where.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Roughly 38 mpg being sensible on my commute (50 limit on motorway currently making up half the journey). Without trying and having a bit of fun I'm yet to see it drop below 32 apart from a track day.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
Round town in moderate traffic: 22-25mpg. A-roads: 25-30mpg. Motorway normal speeds: 30-35mpg.

If you do 60 on the motorway with cruise, you can get mid forties too.
Exactly the same ^^^^

I found even hooning it as long as the road flows even in vtec I get 30, it's the stop start traffic when I get sub 25.

I also half fill the tank as I work next to a petrol station so get 250 per tank or 300 per 2x half tanks :)

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Exactly the same ^^^^

I found even hooning it as long as the road flows even in vtec I get 30, it's the stop start traffic when I get sub 25.

I also half fill the tank as I work next to a petrol station so get 250 per tank or 300 per 2x half tanks :)
Weight savings!

Best I've had so far (sitting behind a lorry on the M5 doing ~58mph):

IMG_20160708_170545 by anthropolyte, on Flickr

·
CTR
538 Posts
I just traded my 1.8 in and was getting around 47mpg, now with the Type R I get about 34mpg. Both have the same fuel capacity, 50ltr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was getting about 27mpg in my 2007 FN2 until i got it terracleaned, now im getting about 40mpg, i only fill up every other week now instead of every week

·
K200588
231 Posts
I was getting about 27mpg in my 2007 FN2 until i got it terracleaned, now im getting about 40mpg, i only fill up every other week now instead of every week

Have you had any issues with that, I've heard bad reviews mate

·
Registered
17 Posts
On the motorway ~80mph and driving quite dynamically 32-35mpg. Urban driving (congested Bristol in rush hours) + vtec range in couple places 19-21mpg. Avarage (mostly commutes to work 2/3) + rest on motorway and A / B road, having fun where possible ~25-26mpg. It's not the most efficient car but you buy it for the revs which it loves. I'm getting usually 190 miles out of a fuel tank but I drive it in the enjoyable way. I'm using 1.5 fuel tank a month so I'm not that bothered with mpg. £15 one way or another and the whole fun would be ruined. On the 320 miles journey to London and back the difference between Type R and my wife's Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 is £5-8. If you do lots of driving then obviously diesel would be better, but boy o boy, it does love revs! On a track day at Castle Combe I had 13 mpg ;) Not bad at all. I was expecting lower result.

·
K200588
231 Posts
Regarding it removing carbon ect and clogging cats, carbon deposits on valves which created seal, im interested to have it done on a rolling road before and after to see the difference cause allot of people seem put if by having it done

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I get a shade under 31 on mainly high speed cruising on motorways plus occasional bit of VTec when accelerating to join etc

1 - 20 of 29 Posts