2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want one of these on my fn2 but they seem to be pretty rare to find and ebay is dry of anything.

Does anyone know the best place to obtain one? i've seen a few on some jap supplier sites with international shipping to here in the UK but to be honest with you guys, the prices are absolutely ridiculous especially when fiberglass parts are suppose to be fairly light weight too their having a laugh at us. We're talking stupid amounts of money for a bloody wing, in a lot of cases a huge % portion of the price of the whole car itself :/

I really want one as i love the edge it gives to the fn2 but i'm not going to give in for the prices i'm seeing, it's absolute robbery and in my opinion you have to be nuts even so.

anyone know how much it would roughly cost to get it painted and fitted anyway? i don't think i can do it myself could i? my fn2 is milano red

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Hendy, Matt @ Injection, TDI north.

Prepare to spend a small fortune, and then some for having it painted properly.

Fit it yourself, 20mins of a job if that.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help guys looking them up now, much better prices to be fair but not sure how i'll do painting them myself if i decide to as i've never done bodykit painting EVER! so not even sure of the method and i'm definitely looking at the unpainted ones as the ready painted ones are far too expensive for me

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
The typerkits spoiler is apparently of very good quality, shipped all primed ready to be painted, so it will save abit of £ on preparing in the paint shop, just spray with paint and put the damn spoiler on

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Don't spray it yourself. Take it to a body shop. Any kind of body repair centre should be able to do it. I just bought the typerkits one. So have a lot of other members. Quality is ment to be outstanding.

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
Don't think twice: buy a TypeRKits one,much cheaper, same quality! If you want to see one "in the flesh", drop me a PM and come to see mine!

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I've got a type r kits one, quality is outstanding. And they painted it for me.

·
Stuart
580 Posts
Mugen one is also top quality. [smilie=ebil-thumbu:

In terms of painting cost, depending on where/quality/labour rates expect 150-300. I wouldn't advise doing it yourself unless your a painter. Its an expensive mistake if you get it wrong :)

Drop any one of these a thread on their forum section, they can hook you up:
- Matt : Injection Imports (Has a forum section)
- Simon: Hendys Performance
- TDI North/South

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Simon at hendy's for me, has always sorted me excellent deals on my mugen kit, as for paint body shops charge around 30 an hr plus paint and with mugen you require no prep work, I also have the type r kits vented fenders and my body shop highly praised the quality and finish. Me personally if going down the spoiler route it would have to be genuine same as the front grille (as your sporting their badge) but with things like bonnets, fenders, etc etc I would buy high quality aftermarket

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
I bought mine from TypeR kits, quality was very good and you got everything needed with it, absolutely worth it :)

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all the responses guys, will likely go for the typeRkits one as i really don't have all that money for the original and the money save is a no brainer to me anyway. I think the typeRkits one turns out to be £400 including delivery to me for the non-painted option but i'd really like to be able to paint it myself as buying the milano red paint is cheap in the can off ebay but i'd have to paint the top of the wing black right? so what paint would i need for that? any black will do? Considering i've never painted kits before do you think i could do it just being really careful? I have an A in art from back in school? HAHA :p will the finish come out looking bad without professional tools from body shops? what would be the best method? and lastly can a paint brush be used with a lot of patience? (im good with patience and accuracy so i'm not worried about that). I just don't want to be spending any more money to be honest, it's a chunk of money as it is which i'm willing to give up cause i love these spoilers so much but spending anymore isn't very justified in my mind especially if i can potentially do it myself + I already know i can fit the spoiler myself anyway cause i've figured out how to, it's a peace of cake :)

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
So you have never painted a body part before, and you are asking if you can do it with a brush !?

This has to be a troll surely.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you have never painted a body part before, and you are asking if you can do it with a brush !?

This has to be a troll surely.
lol nope, I've never done it hence i'm asking if it's possible, I know it probably sounded stupid but i'm only trying to learn here

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Don't try it yourself mate, get a few quotes from bodyshops.
LOL! ye will do mate just one more silly question, the spoiler is normally painted before it's actually fitted right? [smilie=dunce.gif]

1 - 20 of 119 Posts