2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Type R, absolutely loving it :D A nice change from me 13 year old 90bhp diesel Golf.

I'm having problems with the multi-function display. The key is set to position II, and the handbrake is on like the manual says to do, but I cannot seem to access the config options for turning the VTEC light on etc.

The handbrake light doesn't come up either so I don't know if this is related or maybe you can turn that off too.

When I hold down the INFO button an image with two overlapping rectangles with a line through them appears. If I press the INFO button again while this is displayed, I get the normal display back again, or it returns after a few seconds anyway.

I can't find the image anywhere in the manual to find out what it means.

It's going back for a few tweaks anyway next week because the centre armrest is very loose (it's second hand - 08) so I need to know if there's a fault or if I'm being a simpleton (most likely).

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Maybe the hand brake switch is faulty or missing, because it seems the car does nit no it's applied ? I assume the rest of the Mfd works i.e mgp, odo etc

This may explain why centre console is lose as someone may have tried to fix before?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe the hand brake switch is faulty or missing, because it seems the car does nit no it's applied ?
I thought this might be the case. There is an official Honda 8 disc changer in the armrest, so that could be the reason for the missing bolts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts