2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum but looking for advice with the FN2 windscreen rust issue.
I bought my 58 plate in october from independent non-honda garage, and it has the famous rust issue.

Just to note the 2012 service wasn't carried out at honda.

Noticing the rust and reading the forums, I contacted Bristol Honda regarding warranty claim. They did the usual checks/pictures etc sent to Honda UK who approved the repair.

Great! Dropped car off which they had all week (also replacing Cutch MC) but get call on the friday to say they can't carry out the repair on roof! Now apparently the rust is so bad that they need to replace the whole roof panel as their approved repairer can't guaranty the work if they repair it.

So pick up car, and find roof is now damaged further where they have scratched and poked pin holes through it!!! :scream1:

Not happy.

So battling on stealer say that honda uk won't approve new roof panel without more pictures. Bodyshop needs to start work to take pictures, which they won't do without approval (big circle going on here)

Now after battling with honda UK for 2 months, they are refusing to replace roof panel because its missing one honda service. This wasn't an issue before it needed new roof panel, so where do I stand??

Surely they are accepting fault by authorising the claim in the first place and are ducking out cause the roof panel is expensive job?!?!?

Help please

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
Welcome to honda uk's great customer service, keep on at them, remind them that they warrantied the repair so legally should follow it up, not back track because it needs a new roof. Citizens advice would be a good start, from what you're saying it's bang out of order

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
Its around £400 for a new roof, usually in these cases they try to do some sort of deal "you buy the part we cover labour" or vice versa

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to honda uk's great customer service, keep on at them, remind them that they warrantied the repair so legally should follow it up, not back track because it needs a new roof. Citizens advice would be a good start, from what you're saying it's bang out of order
Thanks Dweezle! Honda UK service is terrible!! I spoke to "Jo" on 13/12/13 who said it had been approved the day before, but someone else was dealing with the claim and I need to speak to them to get work completed. Chase them up for 3weeks and finally get to speak to the person dealing with my claim and they say they are not authorising it!!

Told to take complaint up with Motor Industry Code of Practice - anyone had any dealings with them? (I think they are a go between with Company and Trading Standards?)

Quoting below:

By subscribing to the Code, a garage is demonstrating its
commitment to operate as a responsible business.
All garages that subscribe to the Code have
commited to:

■ honest and fair services
■ open and transparent pricing
■ completing work as agreed
invoices that match quoted prices
■ competent and conscientious staff
■ a straightforward, swift complaints procedure

Surely its on your point, they've authorised a repair, they need to "complete work as agreed"?

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I have the same issue but Honda uk wouldn't touch my car as it was 4 months out of warranty and I didn't have all the corrosion stamps up to date.

I am lucky because my dads bodyshop has done the repair to other civics before.

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
I've had a couple of issues with a dealer and honda uk on the 1st incident told me to sort it out with the dealer, 2nd incident they took it seriously so they're hit & miss for me. My 1st issue was gearbox problems just out of warranty (so probably explains why they didn't want to know) 2nd issue was a shoddy service at the dealer (explains why they took it seriously), so it seems they will argue anything if it means them being out of pocket.
Have you since rang honda uk

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
I have the same issue but Honda uk wouldn't touch my car as it was 4 months out of warranty and I didn't have all the corrosion stamps up to date.

I am lucky because my dads bodyshop has done the repair to other civics before.
Corrosion stamps :laugh: the 1st service with my car I had a clear tick sheet on corrosion, I walked straight back in and said hang on you've missed the 6" rust line & cracking paint inside the boot lid, manager comes out "previous owner must have closed the boot on something" :confused: YET they didn't see it when they did their "corrosion checks" that same day nor the rust forming under the door rubbers (which is a check point), 2nd service same garage surprise surprise they noted the 6" rust line that I pointed out to them the yr before

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah spoke to them today, they are basically just refusing to budge and that's it. I won't be backing down, their handling of the situation has been bad. Any thoughts on best dept to follow up with. I always end up getting the same three people when I ring. (Jo, Paul and Laura). Shall I take up with complaints department, and badger on in the meantime?

Spoke to Motor Industry code of practice people, they are also going to follow up as well. Will keep you updated with progress!!

[smilie=ebil-thumbu:

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Its around £400 for a new roof, usually in these cases they try to do some sort of deal "you buy the part we cover labour" or vice versa

Add on 8 hours labour for fitting the roof plus roughly the same for strip/refit and same again for paint plus price of paint and that's why they won't want to fit a new roof.

Compared to prob around 4-6 hours labour plus paint for repairing it that's a massive difference in cost.

It's pretty poor that it's a well known problem and Honda won't pay for everyone that needs it done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: Heard back from MICP who contacted honda. They are still unwilling to budge and won't even contribute towards the repair!

What a poor display from customer service.

Any ideas where to take it next?

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I gave up with Honda uk. I was told by one person I would have to go through my insurance to get it fixed.

I got a cancellation for tomorrow to get mine fixed, hopefully I don't need a new roof skin.

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_274 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Just a thought, did you buy your car through hire purchase? If so, contact your finance company because they have a financial interest in your car and may help you with either Honda or the garage you bought it from. Also contact Trading Standards at your local council as you've had the car for less than 3 months.

Good luck!

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts
Funny they did mine 2 years ago no problem. 06 plate. Had honda service history for 3 years then independent then none since I owned it I service it myself.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Write to the head of Honda UK, start from the top and work your way down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts