2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas all. The time has come to look at upgrading my braking system. My rear driver side has begun to squeak, I have been told this could be the springs in the pads as a warning, also the rear discs look very worn. I also get a judder when braking hard at high speeds coming from the front brakes, so maybe these are warped a little. Since owning the car in April I have never really trusted the brakes, so I'm thinking its a good time to sort the lot out.

My thoughts so far are do luck lines, EBC turbo groove discs and Yellow Stuff pads along with better fluid.

Just after advice really from anyone who has tried this combo, or any other thoughts from people who have chosed a different route. Also advice from people that have spent out and then regretted their purchase. Cash is always on the issue list,especially this time of year, though I don't want to compromise on quality. Also less dust would be a bonus on the rears!!!

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Merry Christmas all. The time has come to look at upgrading my braking system. My rear driver side has begun to squeak, I have been told this could be the springs in the pads as a warning, also the rear discs look very worn. I also get a judder when braking hard at high speeds coming from the front brakes, so maybe these are warped a little. Since owning the car in April I have never really trusted the brakes, so I'm thinking its a good time to sort the lot out.

My thoughts so far are do luck lines, EBC turbo groove discs and Yellow Stuff pads along with better fluid.

Just after advice really from anyone who has tried this combo, or any other thoughts from people who have chosed a different route. Also advice from people that have spent out and then regretted their purchase. Cash is always on the issue list,especially this time of year, though I don't want to compromise on quality. Also less dust would be a bonus on the rears!!!

Thanks in advance.
I had similar issues with my old brakes. I think its common for the OEM discs to warp.

I went for Do-luck lines from Sumo which are great for the price. I then went for Project Mu Pads and Dixcel Heat Treated Rotors with RBF600 fluid. Most people seem to go for Ferodo DS 200.

I used to use EBC on my old car but since joining this forum I'd seen alot of people have problems with the pads and them braking up. Its also worth remembering that the yellow compound is better suited for track use.

Have you considered Cosworth Street masters? I've seen some good reviews of them...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.