2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an 09 FN2 type r gt and i'm in need of a new Milano Red front bumper.

For reasons unknown to me, one of the previous owners removed the headlight washers and covered the empty holes in the bumper by gluing scruffy black plastic covers over them.

The bumper itself its scuffed quite badly and was thinking of buying a non-gt bumper (without headlight washer cutouts) and was wondering if it would still fit.
Might seem like a silly question but I know that my car is the facelifted model, just unsure if it changed any of the fittings.

Thanks

·
4,773 Posts
Has the car got HIDs? If so, you actually need the headlight washers for the MoT.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
i would be looking at adding these as apposed to removing them and like M8TJT says i believe you have to have them with HID's

·
i-Vtec
4,269 Posts
Yes it will fit, the top half of the bumpers are all the same, its just the lower part thats different.
As far as headlight washers go, for MOT purposes, if the car was registered before 1st september 2009 they are not part of the MOT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Argh! It was registered exactly on Sept 09 and yeah it has HID's. Looks like i'll need to get these sorted then :frown2:

Thanks for the responses fellas!

Also, can anyone recommend someone reputable who can sort these out? preferably North England

Cheers all

·
Super Moderator
2,821 Posts
Need to check the washer reservoir as well.
If all the headlight jet parts have been removed then the washer bottle must have been plugged.
If you disconnect the piping the fluid ends up all over the floor since it just plugs into the bottom of the reservoir.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts