2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I go about being able to identify a OE gearbox that has an LSD fitted from the factory? What year did they start fitting them as OE and is there a part ID No. that will identify or is there an obvious change in shape etc.
Also, are the Honda OE LSD's any good before I try finding a OE gearbox with one?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers
Dave

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
Do you need a replacement gearbox? Probably be better off getting a new aftermarket LSD and getting it fitted when you change your clutch.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you need a replacement gearbox? Probably be better off getting a new aftermarket LSD and getting it fitted when you change your clutch.
No don't need one, just know it would be better with an LSD and looking at the easier and hopefully cheaper straight swap option. car had a new clutch when I bought it back in October. Quaife LSD is £700 then the fitting off which could be another £200 etc.

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
Ah, OK. Whenever I've seen an oem box for sale with LSD, they always seem to be around the £1,100 mark :frown2:

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, OK. Whenever I've seen an oem box for sale with LSD, they always seem to be around the £1,100 mark :frown2:
:surprise:

Quaife it is then lol

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Go mfactory racepack, waaaaaay better than quaife.

Reactions: Bones126

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10