2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my FN2 Type-R is not my daily drive. I was wondering what weight saving is possible if I am willing to remove things...

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
Seats, door trims, carpets, lighter alloys,parcel shelf.

That's all I can think of off hand there will be more though!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am wondering how much everything to do with the back seats weigh. I am also wondering how much can be saved by swapping the front seats for something else. I am a big lad and tbh the type-r seats are lovely but very tight on me anyway

·
Enjoying life
8,532 Posts
Back seats 38kg, belts 2kg. Lighter alloys create less unsprung weight too. Front seats are about 25kg each.

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
took my rear seats out last weekend, the car is stupidly loud now but they do weigh a fair bit.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
Started driving round with 1/2 tank to see how many more mpg I get. I get an extra 20 miles per half tank which is not half bad :D

Good bit of weight saving there too, best bang per buck weight save is definetly back seats.

·
Enjoying life
8,532 Posts
I need to persuade the missus that the back seats would make extra sofa space in the house :D

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Start with easy things like rear seats and then move on to unsprung weight like wheels and brakes.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
Replace your brakes with lighter calipers. Fiberglass wings instead of the metal items, plexi the rear windows and boot...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
Almost empty fuel tank is also a good way :laugh2:
That's normal in an FN2, have my own pump in the petrol station xD

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems like seating is the biggest win. (assuming you have already decided to drive around with 1/4 tank ;) )

I think I am gonna go rear seat removal and replace front seats with Buddy Club P1's with the "GT width upgrade" (I guess this is for the larger gentleman :p )

If I sell the car I can always put the original seats back in and transfer the Buddy Club seats to another car or sell them so although they are pricey it might not be so bad long term.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts