2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Basically, as the title says. My passenger seat back rest has excessive play/wobble back and forth. Position of the back rest makes no difference.
I did a search but only really found one thread similar and it didn't seem conclusive.
Has anyone else had this? Is there any fix for it?

Thanks
Rik.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Theres some wobble on my seats too. Honda should of used a wheel system instead of the cheaper release handle. In the old days my RS Turbo seats were better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was there ever a fix for this? Mine rattles particularly when getting out my estate and have to go over speed bumps? My options so far are 1) Turn the music up and stop whining 2) Always have a passenger or 3) Take the seat out (Though I'm sure the wife wouldn't like this one)

Seriously though, is there a way to tighten it up so the back isn't rattling and shaking all over the place?

Thanks

Pete

·
Registered
59 Posts
Any idea on how to fix this?
I've installed them on a 5dr FK2 1.8, so I don't mind if they can't recline because the passengers always use the back doors.
The issue is that my car is LHD and I got them from a UK RHD FN2, so when I brake hard I feel they are loose on and push against my back.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Mine doesn't do this ("yeah, thanks a lot for that Milano... niceone").

BUT... I have however stripped the front seats down before (to replace both a bolster cover and a snapped internal seat release cable). If it were me, I'd do the same again and look for any play in the ratchet mechanism that could be causing this and attempt a fix to tighten it up.

There's 4 bolts holding the seat down then tilt it back to get at the plugs underneath, unclip, then carefully lift it out of the car. The trickiest part of stripping the seat is getting the handles off, but enough careful leverage with a blunt object will free them. With the side plastics off, it's all fairly exposed.

Beware the rails can be a bit greasy, before you go dropping them on your favourite QD glittery zebra-print rug.

Lots of seat removal guides on here, it's really straight forward. And, while it's out of the car give it a proper clean and give the whole passenger side carpet a thorough hoovering and cleaning (woolite or any carpet/fabric cleaner should work wonders).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine doesn't do this ("yeah, thanks a lot for that Milano... niceone").

BUT... I have however stripped the front seats down before (to replace both a bolster cover and a snapped internal seat release cable). If it were me, I'd do the same again and look for any play in the ratchet mechanism that could be causing this and attempt a fix to tighten it up.

There's 4 bolts holding the seat down then tilt it back to get at the plugs underneath, unclip, then carefully lift it out of the car. The trickiest part of stripping the seat is getting the handles off, but enough careful leverage with a blunt object will free them. With the side plastics off, it's all fairly exposed.

Beware the rails can be a bit greasy, before you go dropping them on your favourite QD glittery zebra-print rug.

Lots of seat removal guides on here, it's really straight forward. And, while it's out of the car give it a proper clean and give the whole passenger side carpet a thorough hoovering and cleaning (woolite or any carpet/fabric cleaner should work wonders).
Thank you MilanoF2!
I've installed the FN2 seats on my 1.8 FK2. I know the pain lol. I even had to tinker to replace the FN2 belt fasteners with my FK2 ones, plug the airbags and everything. Will post more about that when I dedicate a post to my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts