2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may interest some of you :)
A company called Hondata have released a group N ECU for the FN2 which is being sold in the UK by a company called CPL.

The initial information recieved is as follows

1. The VTEC point is lowered to 3800 rpm
2. The rev limit is raised to 8600 rpm [smilie=shocked.gif]
3. Peak power is raised and gives the engine longer legs (their words not mine)
4. The torque and power is increased throughout the rev range improving acceleration (but no figures are quoted)

The ECU sells for £649 :thumpdown: and is available from CPL on 01795 668778

Banzai magazine will be reviewing CPL performance parts for the FN2 over the coming weeks so I'll try and keep you posted :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
interesting, do they offer the other upgrades needed too? such as brakes?

·
Registered
41 Posts
there is a couple of guy's on here who have the hondata ecu from cpl...the Ecu is well worth getting....end of the month i'll be getting one myself :)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Vtec @ 3800 revs thats going to kill the the fuel

·
Banned
123 Posts
I think I will wait ant see the bhp and 0-60 figures before purchase, £649 is a lot of dosh if you only get 6-10 bhp ???

Try reading that!
£649 is alot of money for the peak gains of around 10bhp yer, but its a bargin for the midrange gains.
I have one and its worth the money.

if you read the first post, you might have noticed that the rev limiter is increased thus allowing you to hit 60 in second.

it only v-tecs under load so fuel isnt an issue unless you make it one.

i will try and get a vid up of mine so you can hear the engine tone etc.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So with this ECU mod do you have to send them your existing ECU by post for them to remap it or is the £649 for a new modified ECU? And does the emobiliser still work as well as the VSA?

·
Registered
27 Posts

Try reading that!
£649 is alot of money for the peak gains of around 10bhp yer, but its a bargin for the midrange gains.
I have one and its worth the money.

if you read the first post, you might have noticed that the rev limiter is increased thus allowing you to hit 60 in second.

it only v-tecs under load so fuel isnt an issue unless you make it one.

i will try and get a vid up of mine so you can hear the engine tone etc.
I'm not up on being able to read a dyno trace, but are those HP figures wheel horsepower?

Meaning it would be closer to Honda's figure of 198 (and presumably CPL's at about 210ish) at the flywheel (which must be where they measure it from for the brochure figures)?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts