2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have carried out a couple of updates to the kits and we can now install the wishbone front bushes without dropping the subframe so kit now includes them. You still need good workshop facilities to fit them so don't think you can really do it on the driveway or you could run into a few problems.:facepalm::lol:

The kits consist of 8 bushings:
2x Front wishbone (Front)
2x Front wishbone (Rear)
2x Rear beam
2x Front anti-roll bar

Kits retail at £332.10
Fitting is £330

This is the old kit but gives you an idea. Front bush is now 2 piece.

View attachment 51316

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
All over this when i can get up there, will be looking at getting the engine mount inserts aswel when these become available. Save me a set :D

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Low on £££s now, but still interested in these!!

As soon as i can, I will order them.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
How do they effect the ride quality?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Little bit harder but only ever so slightly. You really notice it with steering feel being much more precise. You dn't get the front arms moving about so much under hard acceleration/braking so keeps the car more stable.

I'd say these would really be advantagous for anyone running big power or tracking the cars and not something you would really benefit from in a daily commuter

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Big thumbs up for this kit, and to neil for a fair amount of elbow grease getting the old bushes out [smilie=gt-happyup.:

Mucho Recommended :)

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
We have carried out a couple of updates to the kits and we can now install the wishbone front bushes without dropping the subframe so kit now includes them. You still need good workshop facilityes to fit them so don't think you can really do it on the driveway or you could run into a few problems.:facepalm::lol:

The kits consist of 8 bushings:
2x Front wishbone (Front)
2x Front wishbone (Rear)
2x Rear beam
2x Front anti-roll bar

Kits retail at £332.10
Fitting is £330

This is the old kit but gives you an idea. Front bush is now 2 piece.

View attachment 51316
Does this kit fit the fk3 5 door its a 2006 ctdi

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If its the same "shape" as the 2007- car then I believe it does. Not fitted one yet but all looks very similar.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Polybushes. Wow, what a difference!

Went to TDi-North today to sort out my ride height issues and get the polybush kit fitted. As the droplinks proved such a task when changing over the front suspension, it only left enough time for the front polybushes to be done today and I'm back in the morning to get the rears done. It meant that TDi didn't have to stay open past 7 again on my car, so I'm fine with that.

I'd heard the hype and thought that they weren't that expensive so they were worth a try.

The front end is so precise now it's like a totally different car! Before when planting the throttle the front would squirm as the old bushes flexed, now all you get is a direct feel from the car. I've only driven round Warrington this evening and then back home, but for example when changing direction into and out of roundabouts the car just points and away you go. It gripped before, and grip isn't improved don't get me wrong, but the car just feels tight, precise and alive! :)

Very happy indeed! Just wondering how it will feel with the rears in as well. :p

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Went back to TDi-North today so the rear set could be installed and they've exceeded my expectations really.

Where the front bushes added a crispness to the steering and change of direction, the rear bushes have added a stable, planted feel to the rear.

I've a little test that I do on dual carriageways when it is quiet, where I rapidly and repeatedly change lanes, so loading up the rear on the change of direction. Previously before the bushes were fitted the rear would almost feel like a two stage compression on the suspension, like a sort of wobble and then the spring/damper taking effect. Like the car is settling as the weight is taken by the suspension. I always put this down to the torsion beam this being the first performance car I've owned with one (Saxo/Fiesta don't count).

Not so now. When I'm doing the above procedure all I feel is the spring and dampers compressing, no two stage feeling at all, just a really planted feel.

Completely made up with the bush kit. It feels like a different car! :thumbsup:

Ben did all of the faffing around fitting the bushes, so a big thanks to him as there were a few choice words and grunting and huffing coming out of the garage. :oops:

It doesn't look an easy job to be honest.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is there like a package you can get with these included with the fast road setup?

like springs, gemotary & this all together for a set price?
Not as such because people often want something different so to list all combinations would take some time to do .... and to read and understand. :lol:

I'd say that the master bush upgrade would really benefit people that enjoy really driving the car hard, probably on track and be looking at suspension upgrades a little more than just springs win which case it opens it right up for setups like Teins, Hypermax, Nitrons, KW etc etc and all of which can often have more options and variations.

They are really really good though. :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good day, I would like to inquire on the bushes above are replacements for which parts in the honda catalogue. Specifically the front wishbones. Which part does it replace? I can't seem to find them in the catalogue.

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good day, I would like to inquire on the bushes above are replacements for which parts in the honda catalogue. Specifically the front wishbones. Which part does it replace? I can't seem to find them in the catalogue.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Not sure of the part numbers but its the only 2 bushed on the front arms.

New batch of kits in stock as well. :cool:

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
How much extra to redo the FRS? Would the rear end need doing?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts