2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we have finished testing of a new design race manifold for the FN2.
Results are very impressive with big gains shown in both power and torque when combined with a good intake, exhaust and Hondata ECU with lowered vtec point and increased limiter.

The graph below shows optimum setup on our test car with a GruppeM intake, our race manifold and HKS exhaust system coupled with the Hondata ECU, plotted against the same car totally stock:

190WHP can't be bad. :wink:

Manifolds are in-stock and available at £625+VAT :cool:

Drop us an email at [email protected] or give us a call direct for more information. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
this manifold should better than the cpl one then...and when the toda is gonna be arrived? i have been waiting for aaaages..........

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
TDI, one question please if you wouldn't mind answering, the Dyno run shows speed 129MPH! This isn't possible in 4th gear (which the run should be done in) so how have you got this? Does this mean the figure is a mistake?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TDI, one question please if you wouldn't mind answering, the Dyno run shows speed 129MPH! This isn't possible in 4th gear (which the run should be done in) so how have you got this? Does this mean the figure is a mistake?
Data is correct, run was done in 5th as is all runs we do on Honda OEM 6sp box's.

You can effectively do a dyno run in any gear you choose but its all down to getting a nice smooth curve and not having the run so fast the data collected by the software is limited. You also try and get the gear selected for the run as close to 1:1 which in the case of a 6 speed OEM Honda box happens to be 5th.

We do all our runs, and tuning in this gear unless the car is running a 5 or 4 speed box where dependant upon the type of setup maybe in the gear lower than top or even in top if its a big powered setup.

Airflow is another consideration. Map a car in too lower gear and you get correct AF. Then on the open road, in higher gears because there is better airflow you may well see the car running lean which isn't what you want.

Hope this helps explain why we do what we do.;)

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TDI, Whats overall cost including fitting for this manifold? Is it road legal?
2 hours to fit so will be about £100 at current rates.
You remove the CAT with this manifold, it's not illegal to not have a cat but it won't pass emmission tests come MOT time or at a roadside test but you get time to swap it back if needed.

Never had a customer with issues in all the years we have been trading and those that have their cars come MOT time either arrange the standard manifold to be re-fitted prior to MOT or have spoken to the MOT garage and left the manifold/cat in the boot for them to refit, test then swap back for a few ££.;)

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Just so i know what I'm talking about - from Wiki "The primary function of the intake manifold is to evenly distribute the combustion mixture (or just air in a direct injection engine) to each intake port in the cylinder heads"

So basically this manifold lets more air into the engine or what?

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
This is the exhaust manifold, you have read intake manifold info!

The exhaust manifold is fairly restrictive on the FN2 and limits the speed and volume in which new air / fuel can be drawn in. So by "loosening" it up by fitting this new manifold enables far less restrictive flow, and bigger bang, quicker :D

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
2 hours to fit so will be about £100 at current rates.
You remove the CAT with this manifold, it's not illegal to not have a cat but it won't pass emmission tests come MOT time or at a roadside test but you get time to swap it back if needed.

Never had a customer with issues in all the years we have been trading and those that have their cars come MOT time either arrange the standard manifold to be re-fitted prior to MOT or have spoken to the MOT garage and left the manifold/cat in the boot for them to refit, test then swap back for a few ££.;)
Ok thanks. Can you do this on a saturday morning?

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
any one with a video of it on the car whilst running?

·
Registered
610 Posts
any one with a video of it on the car whilst running?
I haven't got one but if you could get over to TDi North in Warrington with a camera you can take all the pictures you want.;)

They do work Saturdays as well btw for other question.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
I would like manifold but its all the hassle of the emissions at the mot time

·
Registered
610 Posts
It's 3 years from new before you need its first MOT and will you still have it then?;)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Was this manifold designed with the hondata in mind like the CPL one.I ask this question because i don't have the ecu.The hondata is not compatible with South African FN2's.I was thinking of using the Dastec Uni Q instead.Here's the gains of a localy tuned FN2 with piggy back only.HondaRacing.za.org :: View topic - FN2 STG1 by JDM TUNING
It was designed to make as much power for as long as possible on a K20 engine. Was developed for EP3/DC5 but been modified to fit correctly on the FN2 which has less space.

Designed to an ECU is the wrong way around. A mappable ECU allows you to tune to your mods not the other way around.

Q chip rocks and something we can get here in the UK but no-one has gone for yet but Hondata also shouldn't be long either.:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry 3 hours to fit not 2 as quoted.
Was thinking of EP3/DC5 which is 2.

There is a lot more work involved with the FN/FD2 with removing heatsheilds and covers.

Paul

·
Registered
610 Posts
Why has TPW's car lost power? He ran a 230BHP here with AEM CAI and No manifold or Gruppe M :confused:
Different cars.
That one was very strong out the box....then was stolen a few weeks later.
New car was down on power from new compared to that one.;)

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Oh right, I'm confused then mate because on the other one they show the same standard car on the dyno with 208.4BHP and the same torque :confused: even after saying the last one was 212BHP then the graph shows 208 :confused:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts