2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I have a rattling noise that nobody I took the car to cannot tell me what this is and I’m hoping to find an answer here. So..I’ve got this “sound” for 5 months now and it didn’t get any worse or better. When I’m in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear at 1,500 rpm or lower it makes a rattling noise but only if I keep the gas stable (sound disappears on acceleration), also the sound disappears when I push down the clutch. This happens only when car is warm/hot (flywheel and clutch have only 20.000 km)... Also I don’t know if it’s the same but sometimes when car is cold and startin it up it rattles for 2-3 seconds and after it stops completely (both sounds are similar like a bearing or metal on metal)...thank you and sorry for my bad English :p

·
Registered
Milano Red Fn2
468 Posts
Morning, I not a mechanic and I’m sure someone will be more informed than me, but when you say it disappears when you push in the clutch would make me question the clutch release bearing. Mines not that noisy but you can hear it, if I rest my foot on the clutch pedal with the car in neutral you can feel it rumbling too, put some pressure on the pedal and it stops. Hope this helps 👍🏻

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morning, I not a mechanic and I’m sure someone will be more informed than me, but when you say it disappears when you push in the clutch would make me question the clutch release bearing. Mines not that noisy but you can hear it, if I rest my foot on the clutch pedal with the car in neutral you can feel it rumbling too, put some pressure on the pedal and it stops. Hope this helps 👍🏻
Maybe you’re right but what concerns me is the fact that the “start up” sound is exactly the same grind noise as the one on the move.. but thank you for your answer :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts