2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Fn2 rattles

11K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  ghost_bhp 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi i have purchased a Honda type r 2007. I love the car and i have taken a great interest in making it feel like new again. everything else seems in order apart from the interior rattles. I have sorted out a few such as the squeak coming from the interior light panel, taped up the metal seat clips but there is abit of rattling coming from the boot. i have discovered that the tailgate panel needs to be clipped in properly swell as the rear panel that leads to the boot. Is there any guide that can help me? i need to remove the panel under the back window and also the boot panel which is behind the rear lights.

thanks in advanced

#4 ·
  • Horizontal surface, in front of the HU display.
  • Curved surround, above rev counter dial.
  • Windscreen (due to poor fit - repaired under warranty)
  • Badly fitted speakers
  • Tweeter (a good press fixes this)
  • Front seat
  • Rear parcel shelf

#10 ·
  • Horizontal surface, in front of the HU display.
  • Curved surround, above rev counter dial.
  • Windscreen (due to poor fit - repaired under warranty)
  • Badly fitted speakers
  • Tweeter (a good press fixes this)
  • Front seat
    [*]Rear parcel shelf
That parcel shelf >_<

From what I understand, there are more rattles in the FN2 than the Texan desert, trying to locate some of them can be a pain!

Reactions: stunna1421
#15 ·
Not normal at all. Should feel a hard thump but no rattles etc. Rear should not shake at all.

#12 ·
a good squirt of silicone can silence most things.

Reactions: stunna1421
#13 ·
thanks guys. the replies have been very useful. i have removed the rear boot panel and reattached it making sure it clipped in properly. the rattle is reduced however i need to do the same to the pillar and put foam on the panels before putting them on. at the moment the rear right pillar seems to not be clipped in properly

#14 ·
Check the back seats are clicked in properly,check the boot stoppers are set correctly and check the false floor in the boot is in properly.

#18 ·
I have a 2007 FN2- brilliant...….but the rattles! Had my windscreen removed for roof respray under warranty and full struts replaced at front etc. All the under bonnet trim rattles and the windscreen plastic too, all popped in correctly with trim fixings but now rattling! I think clear silicone on the windscreen seal might be the solution!

#23 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.