2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

please could someone give me advice to sort out my rear brake problem, I've had a sticking rear brake for a few days now.

I have taken off the wheel took out the pads, cleaned the carriers and copper slipped all up , and it's still binding ?

The little pistons that are on the carrier leg , the bottom one is ok but the top one feels not very good and is not going in and out very smoothly ? Feels a bit sluggish and not super smooth. (Would this stop the brake working properly ? )

Is this possibly my culprit ? As the rear unit is like a £100 , or would you say it will be the piston in the main caliper ?

I've seen on eBay you can get a piston kit for the pad carrier for £19 , unsure what to do now ? Piston kit for carrier first ?

If anyone can please help It would be very much appreciated.

Thankyou

·
Registered
48 Posts
besty idea is took out brake pads and re grease runner for brake pads. In most times that is the reason of sticky brake pad

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone think it could be the sticky piston on the carrier ? Would this stop the brake working properly ? Thankyou

·
Administrator
17,961 Posts
Take each caliper slider pin out, clean, lube and reassemble.

Sticky sliders and pad guides are usually the culprits for sticky brakes.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Take each caliper slider pin out, clean, lube and reassemble.

Sticky sliders and pad guides are usually the culprits for sticky brakes.
Definitely go with this first, otherwise u would be correct to do for the £19 service kit. It's a bit fiddly but not rocket science :) how much wear did u have on the pads and disks to begin with, was the piston having to over extend?? If it's looking at all iffy ide suggest replacing the pads and disks too so the piston doesn't have to extend so far. Plus do a good fluid flush to make sure no air is scuppering things at the same time.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
CTR
538 Posts
As above, remove both slider pins and with clean out any particles in the area the slider pins go, you can buy Air Duster from Halfords or RS Components for this clean & grease the pins. Worth also checking if any of the pins are bent.

Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts