2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Has anyone else has the problem of the seal on all rear lights going green and generally looking S**T?

am I able to strip and reseal them?

any help would be appreciated as this is driving me mad

thanks

JollyBoy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Happened on mine too. Honda dealership said it's normal but isn't something you can sort easily. Not sure if that's true or not.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
It's actually not the seal. There's a gap between the two layers of plastic that fills up with water and gradually develops mould/moss. Easiest way to sort it is to remove the clusters, grab a toothbrush, a syringe and a solution of bleach and water, squirt the solution through the gap and give it a good scrub. I also used a very thin bottle brush (one for test tubes) to get to every bit. Once done, it should look clear and stay that way for a while.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
It's actually not the seal. There's a gap between the two layers of plastic that fills up with water and gradually develops mould/moss. Easiest way to sort it is to remove the clusters, grab a toothbrush, a syringe and a solution of bleach and water, squirt the solution through the gap and give it a good scrub. I also used a very thin bottle brush (one for test tubes) to get to every bit. Once done, it should look clear and stay that way for a while.

This and pressure washer from a distance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts