2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been driving my FN2 now for about 6 years and I am starting to get fed up with the hard suspension. I have the eibach springs with standard shocks. I have searched everywhere and there doesn't seem to be a replacement shock kit for the fn2 but there is for the standard 1.8 and diesel civic. Does anyone know what the difference in the standard rear shocks and the type r shocks are and any reason why they would not fit. I think koni do a suspension kit for the standard civc.

I am not interested in coiler kits. I have experienced lots of these and they are not comfortable. I know that the fn2 will never be comfy but a bit less harsh would be nice.

I have also thought about maybe down sizing to 17inch rims with larger tyres.

Thanks

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
New dampers, even Type R, should improve the ride and reduce the crashyness. How many miles have your done?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done 80k. I think I will replace the rear dampers with Sachs shocks. The rear of the car is the worst. People hate sitting in the back of my car beacsue it is so bad.

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Good call at that mileage IMO, especially as rear shocks aren't particularly expensive. Also an easy DIY job.

Let us know how you get on.

·
CTR
538 Posts
Did you end up replacing the rear shocks? I got a constant moan from the wife on a long drive yesterday, she's not to keen on the Type R, some might say that's grounds for divorce.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,056 Posts
Good call at that mileage IMO, especially as rear shocks aren't particularly expensive. Also an easy DIY job.

Let us know how you get on.
Farq's didn't you say that Meister R coilovers are softer than standard FN2 suspension??!

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Farq's didn't you say that Meister R coilovers are softer than standard FN2 suspension??!
My 5/4kg combo felt just a tad harder than low mileage Type S 2.2 on my rough local roads.

The MeisterR damping can be adjusted tho and mine were set quite soft. So you'd have options to change the ride on coilies.

I'd have to check what the Type R suspension was, it wasn't driven over my local roads either.

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
All sorted 2 new ones from euro car parts for £113 they price matched buycarparts.co.uk (there actually based in Germany)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts