2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Sorry if in wrong place but i need some help. Ive bought a camera and im unsure what the wires should be connected to. The instructions as you can guess are not so revealing and i should have looked in to the before i decided on the camera.

Im attempting to attach some pictures so i can explain my predicament but im unable to :( due to not posting enough. They are in my album as i dont have many pictures yet...

The camera has a yellow connection that connects to a longer wire that also has a yellow connection that connects to the yellow connection on the head unit for the actual video feed which i understand. The camera also has a red connection that connects to the longer cable that also has a red connection and at the end of this longer cable is a bare red and black cable (i dont know where this goes but my guess is power). At the red connection end there is a single bare red wire also (my guess is this connects to the reverse light).

Can anyone offer any advice? I would be really appreciative.

Kind Regards
Alex

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I assume you mean something like this set of cables (shameless stolen from an ebay advert)

The leads from the camera (1) connect to:
-the video cable (yellow to yellow) (3)
-The 'power cable' (2) black connector

The power cable (2) connects to the reverse light to provide power when you've got the car in reverse. Some come with a grounding wire, some don't

The video cable (3) connect to the back of the sat nav box, which is actually below / behind the glove box. Which I kinda misunderstood so spent about half an hour trying to get my hand behind the stereo.

You'll need one of the 'adapter' cables from the civinfo marketplace to connect the video cable to the sat nav box though.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this will help mate
Thanks for this, got a copy and helps with the routing and i think im understanding my wire which is a little different.

I assume you mean something like this set of cables (shameless stolen from an ebay advert)

The leads from the camera (1) connect to:
-the video cable (yellow to yellow) (3)
-The 'power cable' (2) black connector

The power cable (2) connects to the reverse light to provide power when you've got the car in reverse. Some come with a grounding wire, some don't

The video cable (3) connect to the back of the sat nav box, which is actually below / behind the glove box. Which I kinda misunderstood so spent about half an hour trying to get my hand behind the stereo.

You'll need one of the 'adapter' cables from the civinfo marketplace to connect the video cable to the sat nav box though.
Thanks again, yeah its how im thinking my cable is similar to this as the power cable and video cable are part of the same one.
The camera has a yellow and red cable that connect to the long cable which also has a red and yellow cable, this end of the long cable has a loose red and black wire which i guess the red goes to the reverse light and the black is a ground. The other end of the long cable has a yellow end that connects to the head unit and then a red wire which i believe will go to a reverse input on the stereo. Stereo being an after market Clarion NX302e.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
My aftermarket reverse camera came with a yellow feed cable that also had a extra red wire that stuck out of each end. The end closest the camera needs connecting to the reverse light, the other goes into the reverse parking camera electric cable on the back of the head unit.

The purpose for this wire is to tell the head unit when the reverse parking camera is active, with my android head unit it then cuts out any music from the speakers and puts the head unit it into AV mode so the picture comes up on the screen. Hopefully yours will do the same :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My aftermarket reverse camera came with a yellow feed cable that also had a extra red wire that stuck out of each end. The end closest the camera needs connecting to the reverse light, the other goes into the reverse parking camera electric cable on the back of the head unit.

The purpose for this wire is to tell the head unit when the reverse parking camera is active, with my android head unit it then cuts out any music from the speakers and puts the head unit it into AV mode so the picture comes up on the screen. Hopefully yours will do the same :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thanks James, that is what I believe to be the case with mine but I do have a black wire along side the red wire and think it's a ground wire. So the camera has two cables, the long lead has 4 cables at one end and 2 at the other (hu end).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought that myself but cant see one. Im going to have a third party install it so I don't break anything. Just looking to find best price I think now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts