2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going away to Newquay very soon and I'm planning on taking a surfboard down with me. It won't fit in the car so its going to have to go on the roof, I've seen this one but after studying the picture it looks like its on a 5 door :confused:

Honda Civic Type R 3dr 07- Easy Rack Soft Car Roof Bars Universal Handi Rack | eBay

I was wondering if anyone could recommend anything else? Has anyone else transported surfboards on top of their TypeR?

Cheers

Neil

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've transported a Kayak using the Honda roof bars, also use them for our bikes. They're not cheap but are a quality product. Suppose it depends on how much you intend to use them to be honest, if it's a one off then may not be worth it.

Can't see the ones you've posted working though - as you correctly point out they're for a five door. Not sure that you will be able to space them far enough apart...

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure that you will be able to space them far enough apart...
My exact thoughts! Hmmm.. I'll have to have a think about it.

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
I have Honda's roof bars on my Mugen 200, im sure there the same as 5 door as i also use them for kayak.

The straps on the ebay listing would scratch paintwork above doors and as mentioned there would be absolutely no way to put enough space between them

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Due honda produce a roof rack for the 3dr and one for the 5dr or is it a uni fit?

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
I got my 7 6 in the back going through onto the arm rest. Helps not having to change gear but you can wedge the board on to the passenger seat. Good if you can keep the seat free.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got my 7 6 in the back going through onto the arm rest. Helps not having to change gear but you can wedge the board on to the passenger seat. Good if you can keep the seat free.
Well going to need to put it on the roof as I'm hopefully picking up a 9'2 tonight :D

When are you down my neck of the woods?
No time soon really why?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there,
Honda does have a roof rack for the R. Since there are no rear opening windows the rear rack is bolted into the roof after removing and slight modification to the black strip along the roof. This means it will be there almost permanently unless you choose to remove it and replace the the black rubber strip. I know this because I wanted to carry my bikes on the roof.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts