2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, has anyone had theirs done recently? Honda dealer said no today as mines 6 months outbid the extended warranty although he agreed it was going and it was a known fault.

Now need to work out when / where and how much to pay.

Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Honda quoted me £400 a few years ago. They wouldn't look into warranty work as I didn't have all the corrosion check lists.

Mine isn't that bad though and hasn't got much worse in the 6 years I have owned the car.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - I'm going to try HQ at the dealers suggestion - likewise regarding the decision, it was down to not having the yearly corrosion check. The chap said they do the same for the 12 year ones often too; I actualy appreciated the honesty!

300 Euro over here is around what I'd expect to be fair.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mines just been done under warranty 2008 model with part history.
Well I'm gutted, Honda called today to say they won't do anything about it (having spoken to the dealer who saw it and confirmed that it was the common issue) as it wasn't checked as part of their dealer network for the last service.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Go back to Honda uk , the Honda dealers hadn't marked that the corrosion inspections had been done in my service book. I told them that there incompetence wasn't my issue. Don't give up on this, they know there is a problem. Out of curiosity, has yours still got the origional Honda screen in it? If it is the origional, it will be etched in the lower passenger side corner...

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Looks like it's back to the dealers with mine, rust and seal done under warranty, only got the car back 6 weeks ago and the paint is bubbling again already!!!
Not happy at all , they had it for 8 days to get the work done.
Any one else had this issue after the repair?

·
What ya at
841 Posts
Looks like it's back to the dealers with mine, rust and seal done under warranty, only got the car back 6 weeks ago and the paint is bubbling again already!!!
Not happy at all , they had it for 8 days to get the work done.
Any one else had this issue after the repair?
Nightmare

1 - 10 of 10 Posts