2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any test info or experience of how the RSP compares with the RRC and RBC. There are a few vague tests on the net but nothing solid about the RSP.

I have the RSP, and was going to swap for skunk2, but Hybrid Racing say RSP is best and just as good as Skunk2 - what say you?

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Does anyone have any test info or experience of how the RSP compares with the RRC and RBC. There are a few vague tests on the net but nothing solid about the RSP.

I have the RSP, and was going to swap for skunk2, but Hybrid Racing say RSP is best and just as good as Skunk2 - what say you?
With a big TB 80mm-70mm and a Bored RSP, i think it will hold very well agains anything..

·
Registered
423 Posts
With a big TB 80mm-70mm and a Bored RSP, i think it will hold very well agains anything..
Which intake manifold does our FN2 have stock? RSP? I reckon a Bored RSP with 74mm Skunk2 TB is the best way for performance & save some price! That will be my next plan on my FN2 :D!

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Which intake manifold does our FN2 have stock? RSP? I reckon a Bored RSP with 74mm Skunk2 TB is the best way for performance & save some price! That will be my next plan on my FN2 :D!
Yes RSP. I did a test of RSP with 70mm TB and RRC with 70mm TB and the power curve and torque are the same till 7400rpms, after that RRC is beating RSP by 11hp.

Don't know how bored RSP will behave.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
The RRC was definitely better when I swapped, forgetting any "bore"-ing work.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
When you guys say boring out, do you mean the tb end so it matches the tb or are you meaning something else?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
In which case I did this to my RRC manifold, and Ive done it to my charger, couldnt really notice any difference after on the charger. I never tried my rrc before it was bored out

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
If anyone has one laying around unused on a shelf, I'm looking for a used RSP intake manifold. Unfortunately we can't seem to get them here in the United States. It'll be going on a K20A2 from a RSX-S so I don't care if the water neck has already been cut off.

Please PM me with a price shipped to the USA, zip code 53151.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
577 Posts

For me in full N/A mods including camshafts (but with bigger TB) the results were :

11HP increased on RRC+Spoon 70mm TB, but till 7400rpm no difference agains RSP+OEM TB

1 - 20 of 60 Posts