2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im due a 4th year service for my Type R and my local play quote £250 for a 4th year service and £45 for MOT

Rang up another dealer about 60 mile round trip and theirs is £285 but £30 MOT but they can also do a level 2 service including MOT for £160

I asked what the difference is and its only the Pollen filter and an all round brake check, which one do I go for?

I asked the dealer and the guy on the service desk is adament that it doesnt need its valve clearances checked, even though it says all type R models, he said cause its a 06+ its 62.5k miles

Will the resale of my car drop because I went for a level 2 service instead of a proper 50k service?

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Pollen filter = x amount

Labour to check brakes = y amount

Labour to change pollen filter = z amount

X + y + z = £90

To be honest it sounds about right

·
Registered
425 Posts
+1

in my opinion it would be suicidal to miss the brake check.

LP

Don't stop him over that *badum tshhh*

I'll get my coat :(

In all fairness, if your service is booked with a stamp for a lower level service and then you tell a potential buyer down the line that you got the additional work done elsewhere, it'd most likely not cut it with them. It does all depend on how much attention detail they pay to things like that though but I imagine many Type R drivers do pay that much attention to detail :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.