2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

FN2 Short Shifter

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Mehbleh 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

New on here and have been reading a lot about the different types of short shifter kits that can be bought to fit to an FN2. I'm more interested in the £20 Japspeed style adapters, as they seem to do a similar job to the full replacement assembly kits, and for a lot less! I've read that with the FN2 there is a lot less plastic that needs filing down than on other models, but I just wondered whether anybody had actually removed the entire plastic bit that needs filing rather than filing it? From what I can see it serves no mechanical purpose.....but it would be great to get some confirmation before I go pulling things apart!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Lew

#12 ·
I had one somewhere but not worth the jiffy bag and stamp. Easier to just buy off eBay lol

#13 ·
Thanks everyone. Last question, there's various different types on Ebay ranging from £11 (unbranded), to £40ish (Japspeed) to the Skunk2 ones. Has anybody got any advice on whether it's worth the extra, or do they all do the same job just as well as each other?

#15 ·
They're pratically the same so just buy the cheapest one mate.

#16 ·
took mine off, made the shifts a bit notchy

#18 ·
I have a cheap ebay one, had to file down the plastic bit but that wasn't too hard. Works fine for me, also installed ktuned shifter bushes and everything was much tighter and felt more solid. Gear stick was a bit of a flappy bird before.

Had also removed the gear knob stopper bit to make the knob sit lower, however recently got a mugen carbon knob and it sat too high so I sawed a bit off the gear stick so it sits lower. Personal preference but I like how mine feels now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.