2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Looking to lower my 5 door 2.2 diesel. Can I buy a set of used fn2 springs or do I need to get a set made specifically for the fk3? Also i currently have 16" alloys but will be upgradng to 17" maybe 18" so how far can I safely drop ot without to much hassle when it comes to changing the wheels?

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
FN2 springs will lower the car by 15mm, any set of springs only, will drop by a specific amount, only coilovers (to my knowledge) are height adjustable.

Even with 19" alloys - which I wouldn't advise - you'd be fine with the 15mm drop, 17's or 18's would look mega :cool:

FN2 springs fit fine with no adjustment required

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FN2 springs will lower the car by 15mm, any set of springs only, will drop by a specific amount, only coilovers (to my knowledge) are height adjustable.

Even with 19" alloys - which I wouldn't advise - you'd be fine with the 15mm drop, 17's or 18's would look mega :cool:

FN2 springs fit fine with no adjustment required
Cool thanks buddy. I have seen these on ebay that will drop anything ranging from 20mm to 45mm and they are roughly £100. How much would I be looking at for fn2 springs and if I get the other springs and drop it say 30mm would I still be safe on the 17 or 18" alloys?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw...id=p2056088.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xdirenza+fk3

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
Cool thanks buddy. I have seen these on ebay that will drop anything ranging from 20mm to 45mm and they are roughly £100. How much would I be looking at for fn2 springs and if I get the other springs and drop it say 30mm would I still be safe on the 17 or 18" alloys?

Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More | eBay
FN2 springs I reckon you could get for sub £100 probably nearer £70 I can't remember what I sold mines for, if your going for aftermarket springs I'd recommend sticking with a well known brand like Eibach as then you are guaranteed the quality - I ran the eibachs and they were very good actually more comfortable ride than the honda springs!

Eibach do -15 and -30mm springs (note that is for FN2 so for your FK it'll drop -30 and -45mm as the FN2 is 15mm lower as standard) if your budget can stretch I'd go for one of those, either will be fine with those size alloys just bear in mind if you go -45mm you'll have some clearance issues with speed bumps, multi-storey car parks etc so if it's a daily runner the -15mm Eibach (-30 for you) might be best.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FN2 springs I reckon you could get for sub £100 probably nearer £70 I can't remember what I sold mines for, if your going for aftermarket springs I'd recommend sticking with a well known brand like Eibach as then you are guaranteed the quality - I ran the eibachs and they were very good actually more comfortable ride than the honda springs!

Eibach do -15 and -30mm springs (note that is for FN2 so for your FK it'll drop -30 and -45mm as the FN2 is 15mm lower as standard) if your budget can stretch I'd go for one of those, either will be fine with those size alloys just bear in mind if you go -45mm you'll have some clearance issues with speed bumps, multi-storey car parks etc so if it's a daily runner the -15mm Eibach (-30 for you) might be best.
Thankyou very much. Very helpful Information. and that's why I love this forum. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
ive had direnza products before and quality isnt the best, ie exhaust alignment is terrible and the baffles didnt last too long either. personally wouldnt touch thier springs, there are plenty of manufacturers in similar price brackets that have been making springs for far far longer. direnza springs and coils have only been around a short while and i would guess the jury is still out on them.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive had direnza products before and quality isnt the best, ie exhaust alignment is terrible and the baffles didnt last too long either. personally wouldnt touch thier springs, there are plenty of manufacturers in similar price brackets that have been making springs for far far longer. direnza springs and coils have only been around a short while and i would guess the jury is still out on them.
Thanks mate. Appreciate your input. I think as you say im better off sticking to the honda or the eibach springs. Doesnt seem to be much diff in price.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
you can pick up a 2nd hand set of FN2 springs on ebay for about £50.
i have a full set of them in my stores at one of my sites in swansea. haven't advertised them as yet as but can put on the selling page on here for less than that if you're interested

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you can pick up a 2nd hand set of FN2 springs on ebay for about £50.
i have a full set of them in my stores at one of my sites in swansea. haven't advertised them as yet as but can put on the selling page on here for less than that if you're interested
Amazing! Thanks mate I will bite your hand off for that offer :) any chance we can put it on hold until the end of the month (payday)? how much would you be wanting inc p+p?

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
I know that you can't run the same coilovers as the holes are different but I can't see why springs wouldn't work they should be seated the same I'd think

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know that you can't run the same coilovers as the holes are different but I can't see why springs wouldn't work they should be seated the same I'd think
Few people in the facebook group saying they are to soft and that the diesel model is to heavy?

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
▼▼▼▼▼ is this true mate? ▼▼▼▼▼

Eeeeer. Not sure? any idea why?
Think it is due to the diesel engine being heavier, at least that is what I seem to recall reading in other threads.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
i cant say for sure. maybe create a seperate thread and put it out to the masses? im sure someone has either done it or tried it. my springs arent going anywhere.
i know that eibach do two differennt types of springs , one set for petrol civics and the other for diesel because the diesel is heavier

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i cant say for sure. maybe create a seperate thread and put it out to the masses? im sure someone has either done it or tried it. my springs arent going anywhere.
i know that eibach do two differennt types of springs , one set for petrol civics and the other for diesel because the diesel is heavier
Ok no worries mate. Ill do just that and make a new thread to find out what the score is. Cheers ill stay in touch

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
FN2 springs (fronts at least) are no good for a 2.2 due to the extra weight up front.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts