2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have fn2 and put a new japspeed 2.5" stainless cat back on while back

today after ripping round for 20/30mins i was feeling the tailpipes just behind rear bumper cause there still catching a little

the passenger side tailpipe was steaming hot - too hot to touch,

the drivers side tailpipe was cool, almost cold...

is this normal? Or do i have some sort of faulty exhaust?

anyone else who got stainless exhausts noticed this

id automatically assume that both tailpipes should have the same amount of heat when you touch them...

I also noticed while back when it was cold and car was ticking over, it had the usual amount of white steam blowing out of the passenger side tailpipe but there was hardly anything coming out the drivers side one

I put my hand both tailpipes to feel for pressure, there was a little more pressure felt from passenger tailpipe compared to drivers side one

·
i-Vtec
1,663 Posts
Its just due to the way its built internally. It will be a perforated pipe running straight through the middle of the silencer and out the passenger side. The drivers side one will have no connection to the main pipe what so ever. The drivers side pipe will only be bleeding off any excess pressure. Most tuners seem to prefer the single pipe exit for the civic, maybe its for better flow, maybe it less weight, less complex design etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts