2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

So I havent recently purchased my first FN2 Type R and absolutely love it. What a car! Anyway, the last owner was completely unaware of what mods had been done to it (he was im guessing in his 60's). He was the 2nd owner. I test drove it, agreed on a price and waited the week out for him to MOT it before collecting. He told me when collecting he asked the MOT mechanic to give a once over as he was selling to someone with a young family and didnt want anything to go wrong. So it was only after this he discovered it had a full stainless exhaust and uprated discs. I have also noticed since it has a Skunk2 sticker under the bonnet, although for what mod I have no idea. The car seems a lil lower than I would expect for standard. Not an issue but just wondering if anyone knows the standard ride height and where the measurement it made ie bumper to floor, arch to floor etc.

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
Pics? Can you read anything on the springs?

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
Check the rear springs (don't have to take any wheels off) might say the brand on them as Eibach usually do.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I upload photos to the thread? (Newbie)
Looking how its parked now on the drive instead of in my friends garage it dont think it is lowered.
Ive noticed quite a few at 15mm drops. This is what I want with 17mm spacers. Is it 15mm front and rear that is the norm?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, so I managed to get in touch with the last but one owner this morning (The wonders of previous paperwork and Facebook) Someone who actually knew something about this car. Hasnt been lowered. The modifications he carried out were a GP front splitter, tegiwa cat back exhaust and a skunk gear knob.
Reading other threads Ive noticed the CTR is 15mm lower than the usual Civic, maybe this is why It looks lower than I expected. Am I correct in saying this?

·
4,277 Posts
10mm lower iirc so Eibachs lower 15mm making them 25mm lower overall compared to other civics.

I wouldn't lower more than 15-20mm as you'll start having issues, mainly speedbumps as the exhausts tend to sit quite low.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As above, 15mm Eibachs and 17mm spacers along with a few other bits I picked up on in a thread last night :smile3:

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
I'm on the 25mm Eibachs (which are 15mm for the FN2) because of the difference, and I hit almost every single speedbump :lol:

So if you do plan on lowering it I would say 15mm is the max to go! One of my friends done the 30mm drop and had to change them after a week cause it just wasn't practical.

Do you have other plans for the car?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didnt until I found this forum my now minds in overdrive :laugh2: It has the tegiwa cat back so dont know whether thats work finishing with the tegiwa manifold/header? Also, quite liking the look and noise of the HKS RSK. Until funds allow it will be small mods for now, ie pressed plates, fog light covers, HID's etc

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I didnt until I found this forum my now minds in overdrive :laugh2: It has the tegiwa cat back so dont know whether thats work finishing with the tegiwa manifold/header? Also, quite liking the look and noise of the HKS RSK. Until funds allow it will be small mods for now, ie pressed plates, fog light covers, HID's etc
Manifold needs mapping in mate, HKS is meant to be amazing for the noise but also needs mapping in to get the proper gains from it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
4,277 Posts
Once you get into manifolds etc it needs mapping and gets expensive. Some get away with the RSK but others (myself included) had a flat spot that needed mapping out.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts

Yeah the forum does that to all of us :rolleyes:

·
4,277 Posts
From my build thread, now £4-5k deep in mods and mapping xD:

Wasn't going to make a thread as I wasn't planning on modding past just the induction kit but got bit by the Civinfo bug and Loxy's old Silver FN2 build thread.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
From my build thread, now £4-5k deep in mods and mapping xD:

I'm the same as you... £4k upwards on mods :lol:
The way I look at it though I'm better doing that with my money than going out every weekend :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha I have a feeling my wallet isnt going to like this car :serious:

·
CTR
538 Posts
It's an expensive hobby but a damn good one

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
I get criticised all the time, have owned it since I was 18 but I don't smoke or drink so I spend it on the car instead... but as usual you get all the folk calling you boring etc but at least I have something to show for it :grin2:

·
CTR
538 Posts
Very true indeed, I'm in my late 30s so a relativity old fart and would still rather spend money on the car than anything else, well apart from the wife

1 - 20 of 20 Posts