2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm having this exact issue but only in the morning, any advice you can give would be much appreciated. Do I need it replaced ? What do you think ?

Thanks
Derek

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi

I'm having this exact issue but only in the morning, any advice you can give would be much appreciated. Do I need it replaced ? What do you think ?

Honda Civic 2008 cold start rattling noise - YouTube

Thanks
Derek
My 1.8 did this the second time today!
it's cold related, since has been like 5 Cº, and it made it at first start...

I think is alternator belt or pulley...

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
sounds like a sticky actuator or weak return spring
which ever one it is it's starter motor related, the drive gear is not disengaging immediately once the engine has fired up

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Did you ever resolve this issue. Had this noise on my 1.8 this morning on cold start (+1 deg C). No issues on warm start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've also had this problem recently, only had the car over a month. I would appreciate it if you can reply back with a fix

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Ive got this occasionally. It sounds like the starter motor isn't disengaging when the engine is on. Thats the noise you hear when you try to turn over a car thats already running

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Agreed but is there an easy known fix such as a new solenoid or is it a new starter motor. I had the noise again this morning so would like to get it fixed before it gets worse.

·
Registered
206 Posts
In YouTube It Has a video with the noise:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NzR6nwBfEak

It seems to dismantle and lubricate solve the problem.
It happens to me 2 or 3 times when very cold.
Another way to avoid is "false start" that is turn the key on, dont start the engine, wait a few seconds turn key back then on again and then start engine. This makes starter solenoid move and won't stick...

Enviado do meu SM-G355HN através de Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts