2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a CPL racing induction kit on my fn2 - it's been on the car since I got it and was fit by the previous owner (few years ago).

I've had the car for over a year and it's been fine. The other day whilst leaving motorway services I put my foot down and immediately got a check system error. I plugged in my diagnostics and the error back p0172 system too rich.

I've had a quick look around and first place to check seemed like the air filter/intake. Now I've had the car serviced a couple of times at my local halfords, but I'm not sure if they replace air filters on induction kits? Furthermore. I don't know if you need to replace them as frequently as stock filters (seems a replacement is around £50)? I've had a quick google but fear it's one of those too obvious questions :p

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Definitely inspect the filter as a rich issue would appear on WOT as the ecu runs open loop ( doesn't apply fuel trims)

It also could be your primary O2 sensor .

Guy at CPL cam supply replacement filters or use a K&N cleaning kit and re oil it

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Common issue with some of these poorly designed intake kits running without a remap. Your lucky not to have had this happen before to be honest.

When you go full throttle the air across the MAF sensor stalls and causes turbulence fooling it into thinking airflow is higher than it actually is. The car overfuells and you will feel a flatspot as it hesitates due to the overfuelling.
A remap can compensate for this and it will run fine.

Quite a few similar issues with the Japspeed and AEM kits as they don't have diverter plates inside the intake pipe to stabilise the airflow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

I was thinking of a remap at some point. What kind of cost / benefit could one expect from a basic (if that exists) remap?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts