2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this worth doing and has anyone done it and had problems?
Going to be fitting a thermal intake gasket and think warming the throttle body defeats the object?

Appreciate there is no BHP to be gained from it, but potential the gains are through not loosing BHP through High inlet temperatures and heat soak.

Cheers
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Is this worth doing and has anyone done it and had problems?
Going to be fitting a thermal intake gasket and think warming the throttle body defeats the object?

Appreciate there is no BHP to be gained from it, but potential the gains are through not loosing BHP through High inlet temperatures and heat soak.

Cheers
Dave
Nt sure how heat soak affects the TB. When youre moving along youre forcing air thorough the central grille anyway displacing any warm air that may have built up around the bay at idle.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nt sure how heat soak affects the TB. When youre moving along youre forcing air thorough the central grille anyway displacing any warm air that may have built up around the bay at idle.
I tend to agree, on the move I would think it's arguable that there is enough airflow to cool components that suffer from heat transfer from the engine through conduction, was wondering how much it affects things as apparently every raise of 11 deg decreases BHP by 1. So keeping the inlet components as cool as possible helps keep the bhp you have.
There's 2 pipes (1 in & 1 Out) of the throttle body which is connected to the cooling system which heats the throttle body to prevent TB freezing and helps with cold start. It actively heats the throttle body which heats the airflow, which goes against the above theory.

Small margins gained but every little helps :grin2:

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Nothing you'll notice on the butt dyno so wouldn't bother tbh. Maybe if you lived in the AU etc where it's toasty :)

I was going to do it but not worth it, the hondata gasket is most helpful from reducing the head heat transfer.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing you'll notice on the butt dyno so wouldn't bother tbh. Maybe if you lived in the AU etc where it's toasty :)

I was going to do it but not worth it, the hondata gasket is most helpful from reducing the head heat transfer.
Cheers mate, one less job to do then :laugh2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts