2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above guys

I searched a bit but all seems to be hesitation around 2500rpm

My problem is that when I press the accelerator when manoeuvring e.g 3 point turn I doesn't Rev

It's hard to explain if I give it a small burst of accelerator notice happens, you have to push the throttle down further before anything happens

Do civics haveanything like throttle positioning sensors? Feels as if the throttle is out of position

Very small but very irritating

Any help appreciated

Cheers

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Nope no TPS as it's drive by wIre.

Remove the intake pipe and see if the throttle plate is sticking and also a good time to inspect the intake pipe for splits etc

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks stoney

Did you get what I meant?

I have the hks rsk

So metal intake pipe

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
The pedal may have lost its values and isn't talking to the ECU correctly, on some older cars I had there was a reset sequence, ie ignition on, engine not running and operate the pedal 5 times, or it may be that the pedal is on its way out.
Do you have anyone near that has a civic to swap pedals to try. I did this for my neighbours ford connect saving him a garage fee.

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it tuned
No I thought it may have needed flash pro as I have single exit cat back and the hks

Sitting stationery the car revs no probs, it's just when you go from e.g reverse to forward it hesitates

The pedal may have lost its values and isn't talking to the ECU correctly, on some older cars I had there was a reset sequence, ie ignition on, engine not running and operate the pedal 5 times, or it may be that the pedal is on its way out.
Do you have anyone near that has a civic to swap pedals to try. I did this for my neighbours ford connect saving him a garage fee.
my dad had a civic don't think he would be happy at me taking the pedal off it though

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
That pedal talk is utter ******** . Ignore that

I'd hazard a guess it needs tuned on FP

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That pedal talk is utter ******** . Ignore that

I'd hazard a guess it needs tuned on FP
haha no probs

Can you tune a civic with out flash pro? E.g A tuning company with a rolling road

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Yes and no.

For the uninitiated you need an FP.

It's the easiest way and you'll get the money back when you sell

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers stoney

Think I will need to invest in one in the near future