2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning all

I've looked over the wiki and various online articles, as well as the handbook and I've also contacted my local Honda dealer. From what I gather the service interval for changing the transmission/gearbox oil seems to be every 75k miles or 8 years. Is this correct, as it seems a long interval to me?

My FN2 has the factory fitted LSD, so I'm unsure whether or not that makes a difference to the interval?

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I shall be doing mine with the next big service in summer. I'm just over 75k miles and the car will be 8 years old too. Some have changed their oil early to troubleshoot a poor gear change.

Honda set that interval so it must be safe waiting for it, although there is no harm changing it sooner if you felt like doing it, just stick to the recommended Honda MTF oil.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shall be doing mine with the next big service in summer. I'm just over 75k miles and the car will be 8 years old too. Some have changed their oil early to troubleshoot a poor gear change.

Honda set that interval so it must be safe waiting for it, although there is no harm changing it sooner if you felt like doing it, just stick to the recommended Honda MTF oil.
I may get it done early whilst it's in for the 5yr service later this month. Car has only done just shy of 29k miles. Gear changes seem OK, with the exception of engaging 1st to 2nd gear at high revs, where sometimes it struggles to get into 2nd. I believe this is a common occurrence, and some fixes include changing the transmission fluid and adjusting the clutch bite point. I'll ask Stevie @ Grinspeed to take a look at it for me when it's in for a service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mines coming up to 75k, it's starting to crunch every now and then! what are people's views on the oil change did it make a massive difference?

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
It did in my old EP3... like chalk and cheese. So much better. Looking at doing my FN soon

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts