2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

So let鈥檚 have a guesstimate at what BHP at the fly this car will achieve next week.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

Registered
Civic type R Championship white
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Ah man, that sucks. Given they must have known before you rang, I'm a bit disappointed they couldn't have given you a heads up sooner, especially as like you say it means hoping you can get rebook in a sensible time frame for the fitting and remap.
Yeah I know and the suckiest part is the tuner/fitter have requested for me to book in once my kits arrived.

I totally get that as they have a slot now short notice to fill next week. But it could be end of sept/October before I get it fitted 馃槶馃槶馃槶

Registered
2010 Milano Red FN2 Type R GT #R22063
Yeah I know and the suckiest part is the tuner/fitter have requested for me to book in once my kits arrived.

I totally get that as they have a slot now short notice to fill next week. But it could be end of sept/October before I get it fitted 馃槶馃槶馃槶
Ah dude, thats painful. I assume it's Dynodaze you're hoping to be booked at for the fitting? As much as this last minute turn of events is really disappointing for you, try and take heart from the fact your very lovely car is still roadworthy in its current state. Let's be honest, it's not exactly slow either in its current form!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
And to be honest it鈥檚 dawning on me now much better the car is around town with the breathing mods and marlin.
I can be in a gear higher than usual pootling around. It鈥檚 great having a bit more go.

as for the charger I鈥檓 stopping the countdowns now as I鈥檓 just Winding myself up. I鈥檒l just wait till it arrives and play it by ear.
Not TTS鈥檚 fault really, they have a fandango engineer who makes the shafts for the kit and he鈥檚 the ones that鈥檚 been having delays, the rest of the kit is compiled ready to send.

the work that goes into that shaft itself, cutting balancing etc I鈥檓 not shocked

Registered
Discussion Starter · #89 · (Edited)
Got the details!
This is with the restrictor in the rotrex inlet (presumably TTS Are fitting these to preserve stock engine reliability!)
We鈥檝e asked them the question n this anyway
There鈥檚 headroom for more boost if needed but this should be pretty savage

馃槂馃槂

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Slope

Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
Erm yes. I thought the stock was good for 400bhp any thing over that and issue will start to arise.
That鈥檚 nice power band all the way to 7500rpm, oh you going to upset a few people on the road.
Looks like you hit peak at 7500 and tails off. So we鈥檒l gel, wish I had the brass. They restricted and held it back so you don鈥檛 hit the rev limiter.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #91 · (Edited)
Erm yes. I thought the stock was good for 400bhp any thing over that and issue will start to arise.
That鈥檚 nice power band all the way to 7500rpm, oh you going to upset a few people on the road.
Looks like you hit peak at 7500 and tails off. So we鈥檒l gel, wish I had the brass. They restricted and held it back so you don鈥檛 hit the rev limiter.
Theres always the option to remove the restrictor that came with the charger and tweak the map down the road, but as a play thing it should be pretty up there. Super excited

Registered
Discussion Starter · #94 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #96 · (Edited)
update, TDI 3鈥 exhaust fitted and it鈥檚 made the world of difference! More than I thought it would.
It鈥檚 going back on the Dyno this Sat to see if the AFR鈥檚 are safe and to see what a difference power wise pre tune tweak.

I have ordered a super silent vibrant resonator to fit into the system though. It鈥檚 not loud but it drones like hell.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #97 · (Edited)
Had the charger kit on almost 3 months now, learned lots but have had my share of teething issues.
Writing this follow up of my experiences so far for future learning purposes.

Issue 1. When the car was mapped the car is unable to evacuate the boost from the charger so the charger was limited to around half boost, this was done with a collar in the mouth of the charger restricting airflow.
The issue we see is the TTS blow off valve that comes with the kit is ridiculously too small! 25mm inside diameter.
We all know the about turbo surge noises, makes that stustustu noise. Well on a super charger since they are belt driven any back surge puts a huge amount of stress fighting against the charger itself. This is known to snap fins or even shafts!! So this is why it was limited to around half boost.

At the dynodaze meet I was surprised to see it only make 295bhp infront of a large crowd. Was quite embarrassing!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Issue 2, In the mean time it鈥檚 had a 3鈥 TDI north cat back to replace the 70mm Invidia that had twin 2.5鈥 tailpipes.
Basically the boost was blowing the slip joints on the Invidia apart we put this down to how restrictive the OE design twin flow routing was. Anyway the issue has been sorted but the car isn鈥檛 happy with the new exhaust it clearly needs a map tweak to smooth everything out.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #99 · (Edited)
So it鈥檚 now booked in on the 19th of Jan to have another totally fresh map, with the restrictor ring taken out of the supercharger mouth we are going to run it at full boost.
We are also cutting the 25mm port out of the intercooler hose and welding in a 50mm turbosmart blow off valve to ensure maximum boost evacuation and 100% safety 馃憤
The vibrant resonator will also be welded into the tailpipe section of the TDI deleting the 2.5鈥 tip on the end they seem to put on the latest versions.

Just to add the car even as it is now feels nuts!
even at 295bhp it mops the floor with other highly modified NA FN2鈥檚 and EP3鈥檚. Totally different league of insanity.
to think this is going to be cranked to 350+ it鈥檚 going to be psychotic.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts