2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm currently sitting at 230bhp with GM intake, RRC, Miltek and flashpro map, I've already spoken to Paul at TDI about my next lot of mods, these being FD2 oil pump, FD2 cams, race header (perhaps the Tegiwa one if the revised one fits ok) which I'm told should get me up to the 250 Mark and I'm also going to go for a bigger TB but again that's only another few bhp.

I'm all for how the car feels rather than just the figures but obviously I'm interested in the figures too! ;) but my question really is, aside from supercharging, is there actually much else I can do to get more power out of my FN2?? As I'm really out of ideas to be honest....

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Guys,

I'm currently sitting at 230bhp with GM intake, RRC, Miltek and flashpro map, I've already spoken to Paul at TDI about my next lot of mods, these being FD2 oil pump, FD2 cams, race header (perhaps the Tegiwa one if the revised one fits ok) which I'm told should get me up to the 250 Mark and I'm also going to go for a bigger TB but again that's only another few bhp.

I'm all for how the car feels rather than just the figures but obviously I'm interested in the figures too! ;) but my question really is, aside from supercharging, is there actually much else I can do to get more power out of my FN2?? As I'm really out of ideas to be honest....

Cheers!
You could go for more aggressive cams, something like the Toda's, but other than that I think you've just about got every mod I can think of!

Remember power is nothing without control so sort out the chassis and braking! Mugen's M20 "only" has 237BHP yet round a track its quick than more powerful rivals

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could go for more aggressive cams, something like the Toda's, but other than that I think you've just about got every mod I can think of!

Remember power is nothing without control so sort out the chassis and braking! Mugen's M20 "only" has 237BHP yet round a track its quick than more powerful rivals
Yeh I was thinking of going for the toda balancer shaft delete kit and toda A3 cams but then I was thinking the gains would only be a couple of bhp??

And totally agree, I'm going for more power this year then next getting new brakes and FRS etc! I just wanted peoples opinions on what else could possibly be done to up the power (other than just a few bhp) because like you say I can't think of much else aside from supercharging or indeed nitrous lol bit extreme for me tho to be honest

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Yeh I was thinking of going for the toda balancer shaft delete kit and toda A3 cams but then I was thinking the gains would only be a couple of bhp??

And totally agree, I'm going for more power this year then next getting new brakes and FRS etc! I just wanted peoples opinions on what else could possibly be done to up the power (other than just a few bhp) because like you say I can't think of much else aside from supercharging or indeed nitrous lol bit extreme for me tho to be honest
I'm sure I've seen a guy on here with A3 cams and less mods than you and he was seeing 250 BHP. But your right though you might only see a few BHP more than the FD2 Cams. I guess if your looking for big power than SC or Turbo is the only way to go.

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure I've seen a guy on here with A3 cams and less mods than you and he was seeing 250 BHP. But your right though you might only see a few BHP more than the FD2 Cams. I guess if your looking for big power than SC or Turbo is the only way to go.
Yeh see I would be sort of hoping for more given that people have seen gains of around 10bhp with the cams, around 8 with the oil pump and around 10 witha manifold plus a few with the TB should be around 260ish but I'm guessing cumulatively it doesn't work like that? :(

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Why not be a litle diferent cams wise and go for Drag Cartel DIC...?

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
i personally think the supercharger is the way to go mate, it will give you serious gains for a good price. you could carry on spending out on mods that will give you 5-10bhp a time, and will cost more in the long run. a one off lay out for the charger, and you'll have all the power you need, and after that, its up to you to decide about your ride set up and braking.

·
Registered
356 Posts
First let me make it clear I love my Type R but it sounds to me that you have out grown yours, I think you need to move up to an Evo (not a scooby!) Much greater scope for for massive bhp increases and 4 wheel drive to harness it. Oh dear thats going to upset a lot of people.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Have a drive of mine now it's finished. 250+ with just boltons and drop in cams then decide if you want more. ;)

If you want stage 2 type cams it's an engine out job to change the springs and then it's added costs.
Supercharger is relatively cost effective bang for $$$ so something really to consider.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Have a drive of mine now it's finished. 250+ with just boltons and drop in cams then decide if you want more. ;)

If you want stage 2 type cams it's an engine out job to change the springs and then it's added costs.
Supercharger is relatively cost effective bang for $$$ so something really to consider.
Specs please:p

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
Why not go all out on suspension/ handling? I mean strip the interior, cage and loads of bracing. Add in a BBK and off you go

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
There is many routes available. Take up the offer of a ride in TP's modded type R. It will give you a real option to see and experience 1st hand instead of you banging your head for ideas. Failing that I will take you in mine. Tbh I love his car and it's a viable NA option. I wish dawid lived nearby as that would be cool.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Lol I'd end up killing myself mate! Haha Eric I thinkyour needing to pm me these secrets of your 280bhp NA monster because I cani see how to get more out of this thing at all! Lol how's things anyway? You over here again anytime soon?
Dont be silly!!youll be ok :)

I think ill be there in summer time..gotta go visit my granny so yes by that time ill have a new car and ill call by..i would sell you my NOS kit but thats going in every car i own now :p

·
Registered
3,543 Posts

Can I have a drive on Wednesday? Haha

1 - 20 of 79 Posts