2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get a turbo on a budget for my fn2 but im not really sure what to get also wondering if maybe i could fit a fk2 turbo from a 2015-16 type r.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,098 Posts
Well the kits i have seen have been going for around 3000-4500€ i was hoping for something in the 500-1000€ range would that be possible?
Absolutely not a hope in hell. 3k would be achievable if you did a lot of the fabrication work yourself.

Problem is turbo and cheap don't generally go in the same sentence. Stay away from cheap ebay Chinese knock off stuff.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Absolutely not a hope in hell. 3k would be achievable if you did a lot of the fabrication work yourself.

Problem is turbo and cheap don't generally go in the same sentence. Stay away from cheap ebay Chinese knock off stuff.

Buy cheap, buy twice.
Along with everything the turbo takes with it too ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Buy cheap, buy twice.
Ah ty what sort of other things do you think would help improve the performance? atm im looking at a martelius catback and possibly some camshafts. From what i have seen i can buy a turbocharger from the fk2 type r for around 500€ im not super knowlagable with what other parts i would need but would this one be possible to fit to the fn2?

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,098 Posts
Ah ty what sort of other things do you think would help improve the performance? atm im looking at a martelius catback and possibly some camshafts. From what i have seen i can buy a turbocharger from the fk2 type r for around 500€ im not super knowlagable with what other parts i would need but would this one be possible to fit to the fn2?
You need to do lots of research and reading.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Custom exhaust manifold
Turbo
Intercooler & piping
Heat management
Custom exhaust / downpipe minimum
Uprate fuel system
Oil feed and return
Catch can system
4 bar MAP sensor
Beefier clutch
Full retune (that alone is £6-700)

Highly likely I've missed something let alone aux items like better brakes, engine mounts etc

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Custom exhaust manifold
Turbo
Intercooler & piping
Heat management
Custom exhaust / downpipe minimum
Uprate fuel system
Oil feed and return
Catch can system
4 bar MAP sensor
Beefier clutch
Full retune (that alone is £6-700)

Highly likely I've missed something let alone aux items like better brakes, engine mounts etc

All in all be prepared to part with a huge chunk of cash. No point in doing it half assed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
I can't see any real way to extract much extra power for £1000; Induction and exhaust could happen, but you're still NA - They'd improve responsiveness and perhaps net you an extra few HP, but nothing massive; Even if you bung on an Ebay Turbo for £1000, you've got no budget room to improve brakes / chassis.

A curveball suggestion would be using the money to take some instruction; Carlimits, High performance course etc. - You'll see a big improvement in abilities, and that applies to every car you drive.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Im looking to get a turbo on a budget for my fn2 but im not really sure what to get also wondering if maybe i could fit a fk2 turbo from a 2015-16 type r.
Sell the fn2 and buy the fk2.

There is massive amounts that need doing. Turbo, manifold, lsd, gearbox upgrades such as clutch, bugger brakes, suspension setup, exhaust, ecu and remap such as hondata.

Converting a naturally aspirated car, especially one with a high revving engine like the fn2 is very expensive and not just a straight forward exercise in dropping in a turbo.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts