2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 464 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FN2 SOLID FABRICATIONS AFTERMARKET (CATTED AND DECATTED) manifold GROUP BUY

Good afternoon guys,

I think this will be a group buy a lot of people will be interested in. Its for an FN2 aftermarket exhaust manifold. I have been in contact with Alan at Solid Fabrications over the last few months about getting this group buy going and I am please to announce the following:

Key info:

Fabricated by Solid Fabrications
Race cat and decat version
2.5inch and 3inch version
based on the well known designs

Prices for decatted version (2.5inch or 3inch)
1-5 members: £500
6-10 members: £475
11-15: £450
16+: £400

For a race version cat (200 Cell PSI), it will be an extra 110 on those prices.

The prices above are inclusive of UK delivery.

Pictures of manifold:

Here is the deal. Alan at Solid Fabrications will need an FN2 for two weeks so he can fabricate the manifold. In return, he will give you the manifold free to that one member. I would have offered mine, but I cannot afford to be without a car for two weeks.

Here is a video of his EP3 race manifold:

What now?
Solid Fab wants to make a protoype first, but he also wants to see the level of interest from us FN2 owners. I suggest if you are interested subject to protoype, you put your name down on the list. And also, please can people PM me if you can offer their car to Solid Fab for two weeks. You will then get a free manifold!! Let me know if you have any questions. I will start a FAQ on post 3.

To get the word out, I am putting this on some other forums.. TRO etc.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Group Buy list - subject to prototype.

1. Devil84 (catted version - Civinfo)
2. DCShoesUSA (catted version - Civinfo) [SUBJECT TO POWER GAINS]

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Faq

*faq*

Q1 Who is Solid Fabrications?
Alan runs it. He has made various catbacks (including 3 inch versions) for EP3 members on CTRO and they are happy from what I have read.
I understand he has made a few ad hoc manifolds, at customers requests and I am hoping to get pics of what he has done already asap.

Q1.1 any reviews/feedback ?

MMA Monkey review of 3inch catback

Cant rate Alan highly enough great craftsman, If I didn't already have an exhaust solution in place I would but my name down in a heart beat.

Anyone thinking about this and around SW London and would like to see & hear Alan's work first hand more than happy to show it off :wink:

Q2 I have never heard of Solid Fabrications - what are the risks if I put name down or offer my car for two weeks.
Simple, no risk of putting name down. No monies is changing hands yet.
Re offering car. Solid Fabrications has had great reviews on CTRO group buy, and I have spoken to him a few times over the phone and he is very helpful and knowledgeable but also bespoke. i.e he will tailor to your needs! If you can offer your car, I suggest you PM/call me if you have any questions/concerns, then you can speak to Alan directly after so you can make your own informed adult judgement.

Q3 What's the cell rating on the sports CAT?

Q4 How do I add my name to the list

Simple copy contents of post two and add your name to the list. I will make then make sure the list is complete and up to date.

Q5 IF the group buy goes ahead, how/when I would make payment?
I am not sure yet. Need to gauge interest first.

Q6 How many revisions will there be? Dyno tests? Tuned runner lengths? Cylinder pairings? (STONEY - CIVINFO)
will get back to you mate

Q7 Where is Solid Fabrications based?
He is based here
Unit 2,
Westwood Cottage,
Orpington,
BR6 7PP

Q8 Can Solid Fabrications ship abroad at an additional cost?

Yes - an extra £25 within Europe!

Q9 Would a 3 inch design fit with OEM catback system?
I am checking

Q10 Is my precious FN2 insured when left at Solid Fab's premises.

I am checking.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Pictures

Pictures/videos of Alan's previous work - CATBACKS.

Devil84 said:

Or a version with a bigger box to be more quiet :

solid-fab said:
one i took the other night

Some dyno specs - Unfortunately I don't know what Matto had mods wise before - but I ASSUME NOT SOLID FABS 4-2-1 manifold and 3inch catback. Good gains :)

solid-fab said:
Matto got his full system tuned.

solid-fab said:
I think but don't quote me on it.

My [SOLID FABS] 4-2-1 manifold and 3" system
Rbc intake manifold
And tegiwa intake

Got mine tuned today!

Green line was Injen intake & supersprint B pipe, no map.

Red line is -

ARC
70mm TB
RBC
DC Header
Solid Fab 3" Catback

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
where is he located, and when does he need a car? as it could fit in nicely when im offshore?
1)
Unit 2,
Westwood Cottage,
Orpington,
BR6 7PP

2) As soon as you can -subject to confirmation. When are you going offshore?

Let me know.

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Sounds interesting, I were waiting for martelius manifold with 200psi cat but this almost half the price!

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Sounds interesting, I were waiting for martelius manifold with 200psi cat but this almost half the price!
It sure is! :) plus a option for a 3inch design should you require it at no additional cost. Just to confirm, Solid Fab will also supply a 200psi cat.

I have already asked whether he can ship abroad at an additional cost :)

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Would a 3 inch design fit with OEM catback system? I dont understand anything about the exhaust part, more than I need a manifold and catback at some time with cat possibility :s

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would a 3 inch design fit with OEM catback system? I dont understand anything about the exhaust part, more than I need a manifold and catback at some time with cat possibility :s
Good question, I can ask. It should fit, if the correct fitments are used. But I i will ask the question.

If you are interested subject to prototype in the 2.5inch version, put your name down :) more people, more discount.

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
2. DCShoesUSA (catted version - Civinfo)

Okey I'll put my name down for interest depending on what power it will make and shipping costs to sweden

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
2. DCShoesUSA (catted version - Civinfo)

Okey I'll put my name down for interest depending on what power it will make and shipping costs to sweden
:p

I CAN CONFIRM SHIPPING COSTS INTERNATIONALLY within Europe IS £25!

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Those green and red plots for the torque curves look incredibly different - so different in fact I can't believe that they are from the same car!

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
25 to sweden! Sounds cheap :eek: but if you say so :)

It's actually 25 shipping to Europe. Sweden is good :) that's the incremental cost bud.

He would be incurring costs already if shipping to uk.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those green and red plots for the torque curves look incredibly different - so different in fact I can't believe that they are from the same car!
Which of the two graphs are you referring to?

Happy to point you to the direction of the ctro member who published the graphs and had it mapped at eurospec...:p

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Not trying to cast doubt matey - if those gains are for real then it's a fantastic mod and well worth it :)
The graphs are of cars with additional mods that have been mapped. The gains on the graphs are NOT purely as a result of a new manifold, but as a result of a manifold and various other improvements fitted and mapped at the same time.;)

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not trying to cast doubt matey - if those gains are for real then it's a fantastic mod and well worth it :)
No please do, rather it get aired out here and have a sensible debate :) but Staffs Deltic has hit the nailed on the head.

The graphs are of cars with additional mods that have been mapped. The gains on the graphs are NOT purely as a result of a new manifold, but as a result of a manifold and various other improvements fitted and mapped at the same time.;)
AGREED! :p

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Ahh - I see. That would explain it then :)

Would be interested to know the mods as the peak in torque at around 4.5K rpm is very different. Never seen that on a K20A - most tend to have a peak around 3Krpm then a fall off of torque then a big rise to the main torque peak at around 5.5K-6.5K rpm

1 - 20 of 464 Posts