2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts

I'm not a massive modder, just after low spend, and as much BHP/Torque as possible. Really not keen on the idea of spending £1000 for a Hondata and custom map from TDI.
with out getting the car properly mapped using flashpro or something similar (dastek etc) you wont see much gains at all. and if you look at some of the modifcation projects on here you will quickly learn that to get any gains on the type r are gonna be expensive just lik it is with all NA cars

·
Unbelieveable Vteccers
837 Posts
Champ White? with LSD? or another Type r?

This is a massive starting point, thanks for the intel, really appreciated! Just what I was after!
CW with LSD and about 1000 miles on the clock. I'm up to 10,000 miles now so engine should of loosend up some let out abit more power:cool:

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
When ever you touch the bulbs, how do you align them properly so you are within laws etc. Surely if you fiddle with them that will put the alignment out.
These are sidelights I'm talking about here, the small 501 bulbs same as the ones to light your licence plate, but when changing headlights etc, (H7/H1) it's straight swap, you don't need to worry about alignment, they only go in one way

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
with out getting the car properly mapped using flashpro or something similar (dastek etc) you wont see much gains at all. and if you look at some of the modifcation projects on here you will quickly learn that to get any gains on the type r are gonna be expensive just lik it is with all NA cars
Yeah, a flashpro will have to happen at some point for me, i just dont want to admit to the addiction just yet, so i am pretending that I dont want to mod the car!

Shhhh I'm an undercover Mod Addict.

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Stupid question maybe, but do you think having bigger wheels on a dyno can effect the readings? E.g rage alloys over standard type r alloys?

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Stupid question maybe, but do you think having bigger wheels on a dyno can effect the readings? E.g rage alloys over standard type r alloys?
The dyno will be set up with the wheel size input to begin with, along with various other variables.

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well I've just ordered my gruppe m, with milltek cat back... When I get the flash pro next month, I'll like to think I could get to 220-225. I'd be happy

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Well I've just ordered my gruppe m, with milltek cat back... When I get the flash pro next month, I'll like to think I could get to 220-225. I'd be happy
Good luck! I got 221bhp from rrc, hondata hsg and a mugen throttle body!

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Yeah I guess I would expect that with no custom map to accomodate for those mods

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts

He He, no you wont,, you'll want more !!!

Once you start to walk on the dark side there is no going back, just relax and go with the flow. [smilie=ebil-thumbu:

Personally I didnt like the Hondata group N, yeah it lowerd the V-tec but thats about it, I think its about the same MPG supercharged as it was with the hondata group n non charged.

Flash pro is the way forward, theres a few lads on here who can send you an "E-map" i think they call them, could be a cheaper option.

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
i got 212 on Tdi Norths rollers with just a k&n panel filter.

What should I expect to get on a rolling road from a STANDARD Civic Type R FN2? What should I class as poor, good and excellent.

I know honda say 200 BHP, but is that really the bench mark? Im guess not, as we have no idea of how this was tested.

Im sure I have seen some Standard Civ's pull in at around 175, but cant think where i have seen that. Is that the bench mark? I know alot goes into the mix when talking about rolling roads, air temp, fuel used, bonnet up/down. But just after approx. What BHP would you be happy with at standard?

I was floating about the idea of purchasing a second hand Gruppe M air intake, but not sure its a good idea, on the basis that I have no plans to remap the car, so I really don't think I'm going to see much for my gain for my ££ apart from a bit of CF.

I'm not a massive modder, just after low spend, and as much BHP/Torque as possible. Really not keen on the idea of spending £1000 for a Hondata and custom map from TDI.

Views please. :police:

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
He He, no you wont,, you'll want more !!!

Once you start to walk on the dark side there is no going back, just relax and go with the flow. [smilie=ebil-thumbu:

Personally I didnt like the Hondata group N, yeah it lowerd the V-tec but thats about it, I think its about the same MPG supercharged as it was with the hondata group n non charged.

Flash pro is the way forward, theres a few lads on here who can send you an "E-map" i think they call them, could be a cheaper option.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know it's a slippery slope down hill, to be honest, I think I'm rolling down it now

E-map? Tawk to me.. What's that?

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
i got 212 on Tdi Norths rollers with just a k&n panel filter.
Yeah I did see a few rolling road tests with you on it, although I thought the car was completely standard... Was it just the kandn you had then? That's impressive, bet you were pleased, didn't you sell your car?

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Yeah I know it's a slippery slope down hill, to be honest, I think I'm rolling down it now

E-map? Tawk to me.. What's that?
I know it wouldnt be individual to your car, but if you contact CivicRSA he can send a MAP over the internet that you can put on the flash pro.

I know you cant beat getting a proper RR set up, but a second hand flashpro with a E map could be the next best thing and could save pennys for more mods :)

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Like it... Good work terry. Now got to locate a second hand flash pro which I've not seen anywhere.

Do you need the flash pro fitted, or does it just plug in somewhere?

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
It plugs in under your dash and you connect it to your laptop and then you just download the map you require. Ps the flashpro is future proof too and worth every penny.

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
yeah i was very impressed with that figure, on that day all i had was a k&n panel filter in.
still got her mate never selling i love it.
now has milltek, and hks is the next mod then back on the rollers i think.

Yeah I did see a few rolling road tests with you on it, although I thought the car was completely standard... Was it just the kandn you had then? That's impressive, bet you were pleased, didn't you sell your car?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts