2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody any ideas on where to source an FN2 Type R flyweel? My car is ok, not slipping but fancy replacing the clutch as its not had one, evidence wise and to make it really slick.

Generally people says its best to do the flywheel at the same time but all I can see are aftermarket lightened ones etc. Which one would be best to go for?

The standard clutch is available from Coxparts Honda but they don't do a flywheel. They also list the cluch slave and master cylinders, do they need to done as well or will they be ok? I'm just thinking whilst its all out to be done it may be worth doing. Car is a late 2008/9 with 75k ish miles. What would you do, Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, let me reiterate, I'm getting a new clutch done no matter what, its happening, I'm just wonder if there is anything else worth doing whilst I'm at it... Ie Flywheel etc etc. Cheers.

·
i-Vtec
2,806 Posts
LoL, well thats you told @Farqui

There is no point in changing the flywheel, unless you wish to go down the lightened route. Generally people always suggest swapping the flywheel for cars with DMF's but literally no point for a non dmf flywheel.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Inspect your crank seal. Did my clutch several weeks back only for crank seal to start leaking couple weeks ago so had to have box taken off again to do a £20 seal.

Fn2 flywheel is a great flywheel anyway but if bored you could always go for lighter. I run the clockwise

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
Fn2 has probably the lightest k20 oem flywheels, but it's your money.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Lighter flywheels will help to rev quicker but more prone to stalling. On a car with little low down torque this could be an issue.

Don't see any reason to change a standard flywheel for another standard one if there is no fault. A bit like would you change your top quality tyres if they had 6mm tread left?

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Lightened flywheel works fine other than the odd spinning starter motor issues with are common (with mfactory ones at least).

Can pull away without the use of the accelerator so wouldn't say stalling is an issue unless you're going up a very steep hill; then it needs plenty of gas but OEM is already pretty light itself as it is.

As above, I certainly wouldn't change like for like unless my current flywheel was warped or burnt.

Reactions: Bones126
1 - 11 of 11 Posts