2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone out there have any info on what to expect from the following...
HKS RSK or Tegiwa intake,
Manifold,
Exhaust
Ecutek remap

I am just trying to get some sense on how noticeable this would be compared to a standard FN2 as I know NA tuning generally yields small gains compared to turbo cars.

Cheers

·
Enjoying life
8,530 Posts
Intake mani or header?

I have gruppe m induction, milltek catback exhaust, and a custom map with vtec between 4000 and 8600 rpm. Difference between stock and my set up is good, where I think oem should be. I have an rbc intake mani and fd2 throttle body to go on next. Looking to get a header and sports cat next. All mapped should see me at 230 to 235 bhp, maybe more. At the moment I'm probably at 215 to 220 bhp peak, the difference is most noticed mid range, so although only 15 bhp peak above stock it is probably up to 25bhp higher than stock at 6k rpm. Mine is 65kg lighter than stock and it is noticeable, so weight saving is good on a n/a car. Stock bhp per ton is 151, mine is around 177. A 17% improvement.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi mate,

I was talking about the exhaust manifold.

Where did you make the 65kg savings ?

And I could do with fleshing out the mid range a bit.

Cheers for the info.

·
Enjoying life
8,530 Posts
40 kg back seats out.
15 kg lighter alloys (total)
5 kg boot false floor out
1 kg alloy wheel nuts
2 kg rear mats
0.5 kg parcel shelf
1.5 kg bonnet sound deadening

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front seats are a bit portly too (approx. 25kg each with all fitments) although obviously replacing them costs money whereas removing back seats etc. doesn't cost anything other than some practicality/comfort.

15kg on wheels seems like a decent amount, especially as it is rotational mass. I'm not really a big fan of the looks of the standard wheels anyway.

·
Enjoying life
8,530 Posts
The rear seats can be removed in minutes, been thinking of buckets in the front but would want adjustable ones. Don't know enough about them so haven't done anything about it yet. Could easily be another 35kg saving. Getting on for 100 kg saving if I did it. Take me to 181 bhp per tonne. Just shows what weight saving can do, say my mods make 240 bhp by the time I finish. That equates to 181 bhp per ton on a standard weight fn2. If I get 100 kg off then it would be 197 bhp per ton or equivilant to 260 bhp on a standard weight car.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
Hi all,

Does anyone out there have any info on what to expect from the following...
HKS RSK or Tegiwa intake,
Manifold,
Exhaust
Ecutek remap

I am just trying to get some sense on how noticeable this would be compared to a standard FN2 as I know NA tuning generally yields small gains compared to turbo cars.

Cheers
You're looking around 220-225 on a dyno mate :)

Unless you like the RSK growl and not being able to hear your lovely exhaust note then the Teg box is a great bit of kit if you don't mind fitting a scoop.

Teg manifold is a good middle ground for price (cheapest on H-Tune) and you'll see a nice chunk of mid range torque.

Similar build to mine and made 220bhp with a cat in the exhaust (soon to be removed for a 3")

1 - 7 of 7 Posts