2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I had a new clutch this has happened... when sitting in neutral with the car idling normally, when i depress the clutch, the revs drop right off for a second or two then pick back up, yesterday i noticed that the oil low pressure also lamp flickers on whilst the revs drop.. allbeit for a millisecond.. Oil levels are fine, no splits in air hose, cleaned maf sensor....
any ideas?

car drives normally, though today i thought vtec felt a bit more sluggish than usual and my exhaust note has got quieter.... very odd...

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
If the rpm is dropping under natural idle speed for a good couple of seconds, then you're probably getting the low oil pressure light flicker because the car is nearly stalling? It's confusing the ecu...

I've had a low oil pressure warning on the centre display after fully stalling the car and on this occasion the engine was struggling at 2-300rpm for a few seconds before finally cutting out.

I also notice that on cold idle if I depress my clutch I get a momentary dip in rpm but for nowhere near the length of time you were describing.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In reality, its probably not quite as long as a full second, its pretty quick, when the oil light flashes on, its so fast I dont always catch it.. any idea whats causing the drop in idle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts