2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've had my FN2 Type R for nearly three years now and no issues at all. But recently my car is having issues..

My car initially wouldnt go into reverse and now it wont select 2nd 4th or 6th.. it happened the day after I had to go through through some water..

Im not sure if its a selector issue, gear box issue or clutch issue.. OR if its even related to haven gone through the water.

My initial thoughts was water had got into the slave cylinder but according to mechanics this wont have happened..

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I had the same issue occur when I drove through a flooded road in my old Type-R. I parked up at work a few miles down the road and thought nothing of it. After work I got in the car and couldn't select reverse. After much struggle eventually got it into reverse, drove home, worried. Car was fine ever more afterwards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the info.. I've her booked into my local Honda garage so fingers crossed its nothing serious!

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I think somebody at the time commented that it could have been the flywheel or the clutch plates rusted on hence I couldn't engage a gear when the car was switched on.

I assume you can select gears with the car switched off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my car back from my local Honda Garage and the problem was to do with the Gear cabling being over-stretched.. chose to go new and it cost me £500 for parts and labour.. got the problem sorted anyway and the car feels like new again

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
I'm surprised the beefy cables had stretched but glad you got the issue resolved.

Quite a relief that it wasn't the box at fault eh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts