2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep another tyres post, basically got a list from the Honda garage of available tyres at a decent price my thoughts are with the Michelins or Goodyears. Any experience with this?

They are all with about £15 of each other.

Yokohama advan sport
Bridgestone S001 Potenza
Pirelli P Zero Nero
Goodyear Eagle F1 A Symmetrical 3
Michelin Pilot sport 4
Continental sport 5
Dunlop sport max RT2

Cheers

Frank

·
Super Moderator
1,419 Posts
Had Goodyear AS3 on mine for about 10,000 miles now and still got 5mm tread left on the front, rears about 7mm.
I don't track it but don't drive slow or gentle.
Excellent grip and confidence to stuff it into corners etc.
You will probably find that the opinion on the forum is split between these and the Michelin PS4, then it's down to you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers always good to get opinions of people who actually have them. Yea that’s not a bad wear rate then. What are they like in the wet?

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
I had AS3 on the CRZ and they were really good but so was the S001 Potenza on the FN2. if the only difference is around £15 I would buy AS3 or MPS4

·
Super Moderator
1,419 Posts
Cheers always good to get opinions of people who actually have them. Yea that’s not a bad wear rate then. What are they like in the wet?
Good in the wet still have confidence to throw it about, will spin up with too much right boot on slippery bits like any tyre.
Check out the wear rate I got the miles wrong.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Had ps4 now for over 5 months and they are great. No brainer

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: scottyr

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Had AS2 and AS3 for years. Tried PS4s this time and they are miles better for the money.

Feel, ride and grip well above the Goodyears IMO.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
I might go for PS4 next when my Yoko AD08r's need replacing. The Yoko have phenomenal grip but I don't track the car and the car can tramline on our crappy roads due to various factors of my setup, so I'm hoping the PS4 will be more compliant.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Michelin Pilot sport 4's are on my fronts on my FN2 but it has Toyo Proxies on the back, and they are amazing, best tyres I've ever had, so sticky in the dry and off corners, just pulls and sticks like a sherbet dip. Good in the wet. Will be putting them on the rear as well when the time comes.

Had 4 Goodyear Eagle f1's in the past and they're very good but not Michelin Pilot kind of good. Worth the extra few quid.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Left-field choice, but I've got Nankang NS-2R's on my FN2, and whilst noisy, they are pretty sticky and a decent alternative to AD08R's.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 - got full set:
- Requires more force to steer car at low speed (compared to Pirelli P zero Nero GT)
- Car is less directional stable at high speed (less force required to do directional cnage compared to P zero Nero GT)
+ Excellent wet surface grip.
+ Better reaction to left foot breaking compared to Pirelli (front getting stick and rear slightly coming back - with pirelli it was less pronounced - front was still slightly sliding and rear was coming out more)

In my opinion if you using your car daily in town and motorways - Pirelli P Zero Nero GT will be better - more comfortable to live with - you will get better response and feedback at low speed and car will require less attention at high speed on motorway (better directional stability).

If you using your car more on twisty roads, not in heavy traffic and often in wet coditions - Get Michelin Pilot 4 - this also will be faster on the track days if you do them.

On rest of listed tyres i cannot comment as i didn't use them with FN2.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts