2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
If both are stock EP3 will be barely quicker.

That FN2 isn't pushing it at all so this isn't really a vs... more of a "watch an FN2 cruise whilst an EP3 shoots off" lol

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I think that's more down to the lacking confidence of the FN2 driver. Although the FN2 is quite a big unit when u sit it next to an EP3 and they have almost identical power figures.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fn2 drops a gear and cant keep up with it want a type r but dont know which one to get now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
I think that's more down to the lacking confidence of the FN2 driver. Although the FN2 is quite a big unit when u sit it next to an EP3 and they have almost identical power figures.

They weigh pretty much the same ;)

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
Here we go again :laugh2:
I've owned both, stock I would say the ep3 will get from A to B quicker because it's a bit more nimble and felt more free revving, the power band is smaller though. I loved my EP3 but would choose an FN2 all day long, especially now it's modified. If I had to keep it stock then I may think twice.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really tempted to go fot fn2 got a 140 bhp type s gt and need abit more power but my car is in really good nick body and engine so in a dilemma

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
I've owned a 1.8 too :laugh2:
You have a good solid car, but it's not the same car even with a stock 60bhp difference. Take the dip, they aren't much more expensive to run.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Really tempted to go fot fn2 got a 140 bhp type s gt and need abit more power but my car is in really good nick body and engine so in a dilemma

Just do it my friend, if I was in a position to swap my 2.2 for an FN2 I would. Yes the type s is lovely but there is a prestige with owning a CTR plus mods are all aimed for that rather than the 1.8. Unfortunately I don't believe there is much tuning potential for the 1.8 to spriten it up a bit. If u can mate just do it, I'm sure u won't regret it.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
You may find it difficult finding an ep3 in a similar condition to an average fn2, that said solid fn2's are also quite hard to come by now.

If your not bothered about mod cons and you don't intend to modify it I would get the ep3, otherwise fn2.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts