2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, what can I do to weight reduct the Honda Civic Type R FN2? The factory weight is 1345kg & I find this very heavy! [smilie=crying.gif]

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
How extreme do you want to go?

pick from the following:

lighter wheels
lighter brakes
bucket seats
remove rear seats
carbon hood
decat
titanium single side exhaust
remove carpets, sound deadening and trim
remove stereo system
remove A/C
lightweight battery
lexan windows
remove spare tire
go on a diet

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Take the engine out :vroam:

On a serious note though, it really depends what you use the car for. If it's for road and the occasional track run then I really can't see the point in going to the extent of removing most of the interior and turning it into an uncomfortable track whore.

If it's becuase you use it mostly on the track (where the difference would be worthwhile) would it not be better to either buy a track toy or change car all together?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
It's only a few kg's heavier than the EP3 with twice the toys n safety also one of the lightest in its class EG FOCUS ST - 1392kg = 125kg difference. I don't think that's bad going at all:)

A few kilos... ? how much does a EP3 weight? and a FN2?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Ash remind me - what wheels have you got? If standard what ones would you recommend. Really want the GP's but that price tag, I'll be saving forever:(
I've got Rages and set of Team Dynamics 1.2's are on there way as we speak with slicks.

Rages are lighter than OEM, but they arent light if you get what I mean.

GP's are light but are serious WONGA!

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
It's only a few kg's heavier than the EP3 with twice the toys n safety also one of the lightest in its class EG FOCUS ST - 1392kg = 125kg difference. I don't think that's bad going at all:)
I came from a Focus ST and they do feel heavy, that's down to the 5 banger turbo engine though! A very good motorway cruiser though, would be perfect if they had bothered with fitting cruise control!

·
翻訳中に失わ
842 Posts
I saved 22kg of unsprung weight by going forged alloys and Stoptech BBK, makes a huge difference.

With Carbon bonnet, Toda delete kit, race header, single exit exhaust and race battery saves around another 35-40kg of sprung weight.

Just under a 40kg weight saving by removing rear seats alone but not an option for me unfortunately :( Bucket seats also make a significant weight saving depending which ones you go for

1 - 20 of 147 Posts