2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This may of been covered but I can't find it.

Was wondering if there are any good sensible weight saving ideas out there?

I need to keep the practicality like back seats and aircon etc and don't want to buy lightweight versions of parts.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
so you don't want to remove any parts or change any parts but you want to lose weight from the car? not sure of any other options? only fill your petrol tank half full?

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never said I didn't want to remove parts? To loose weight things have to come off.

Just want to keep the back seats and aircon. Back seats alone are approx 50kg but need to keep them.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hi All,

This may of been covered but I can't find it.

Was wondering if there are any good sensible weight saving ideas out there?

I need to keep the practicality like back seats and aircon etc and don't want to buy lightweight versions of parts.

Any suggestions?
Youre not going to achieve much then tbh

But I guess you could just take the spare wheel out and get a can of tyre weld.

Untill you drop 50-60kg you wont notice anything different about the way the car drives.

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
If you cant afford lightweight wheels, and need to keep the rear seats and aircon i just dont know how your going to achieve anything at all to be honest mate. Lightweight battery perhaps? but even still you only saving a couple of kilo's compared to the 50kg rear seats.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Would love to have new wheels but all my funds are going on RRC TB and cams.
good news i think the rrc is lighter than the standard inlet mani!

what about an oil pump swap - the balancer shafts are pretty heavy

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
New front seats.
4pot front brakes ( caliper saves a few kilos each though plain discs for 330mm are heavier than OEM 2 piece discs save here)
Wheels.
Single exit exhaust
Battery( boot mount???)

A few ideas

RE: oil pump swap don't forget some of the weight saving is negated by extra oil ;)

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess it's like everything, it's comes at a cost. I couldn't think of many things to remove TBH just thought I put it out there. Thought of the heatshield plates along the exhaust but don't think they are that heavy.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was looking at kerb weights for M20 and FN2. It says on Fastest Laps that the M20 is around 300 kg lighter! Is this right? Seems a lot to me.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
The front standard type r brakes are heavy compared to the larger stoptech setup save a bit there and a set of rota GTR's or P1's at 8.16kg :)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Lighter Wheels
Gel Battery
No spare wheel
No cat
Lighter exhaust
Fd2 oil pump
Lighter tyres (bridgestone are very heavy tyres)
Lighter front seats if possible

1 - 20 of 50 Posts