2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a sort out of all the junk in the bottom most part of the boot last week in readiness for MOT next week, and to my surprise, everything was soaked. This time last year it was dry when I removed my belongings before car went for it's test. Two map books completely dripping and consequently ruined. Some emergency clothing and a canvas bag with tools/stuff in it totally soaked through aswell(at least these can be dried out).

Car is an 09 plate GT. I need to know where and how this water is getting in. Has anybody else suffered this fate, and if so, do you know how it happened and what did you do to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Yes it's been known to blight some cars.

Check the site Wiki or if viewing this page from a browser then scroll down to see related links ;)

Oh and welcome to :civinfo:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Farqui.

I was a member on the previous Civinfo before last years cyber attack. I renewed my membership with different login name & password, so not that much of a noob.... lol.

I've read the Wiki and also another thread on the same subject since posting.

Investigation by me reveals that the seal that sits under the rear spoiler, between it and the glass window seems to have perished rather a lot, but I don't know how to get the spoiler off so that I can replace the seal.

I also pulled the rubber seal up that sits around the rear bodywork hatch area from the bottom, and it was wet along the bottom, from the middle where the catch is, and up the left hand side past the light clusters. It is just the carpet on the left side of the boot compartment that is really wet. I don't really check this far into the boot.

Mark

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dried out the boot carpet now. I reckon the jetwash was the culprit. I'll have to continue to avoid the rear hatch area with it for now and just rinse with a bucket of water instead.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I found the same thing with my 5dr civic. The boot only lets water in after a vigorous jet wash so now if I ever do use a jet I just spray from a distance and let the water run down from above. Been doing this for ages now and no leaks!

·
I-VTEC everyday ;)
562 Posts
I used to have this problem too!

Realised a bung/plug behind the rear bumper by the wheel arch was deformed, I think it could have been the heat from the exhaust which caused it

I got it sealed with some waterproof bond, I hope that helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts