2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SIMPLY MUGEN
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my wheel nuts won’t tighten up or come undone , just spins round . I’m guessing it’s crossed threaded but how can you get the bloody thing off ? At the moment obviously have 4 tight nuts and one which may be maybe not . Any ideas ?

·
i-Vtec
1,704 Posts
If the nut is spinning but wont loosen or tighten it sounds more like the splines on the actual bolt that comes through the hub have somehow failed. God only knows how you will rectify that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You will most probley have to get a die grinder and just grind it down. Slow job but will do it get all the nut and thread off pull the wheel off .brake disk. Wheel bearing knock the rest of the stud out.check it tap a new one in see if will hold you could tack weld it in or buy a new wheel bearing.

·
SIMPLY MUGEN
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As it was the thread on one of the bolts on the spacer , my local honda garage took off all the other nuts and had to rock the wheel back and forth very slowly pushing the nut forward until past the ruined bit of thread . I’m just relieved it’s done

·
SIMPLY MUGEN
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Totally forgot all about the spacers on the car as they have been on there so long . Was a relief when was told they were on there .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts